Chapter 22

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

If you were to ask me who my favourite band is I would immediately say The 1975. 

If you were to change the parameters of the question and ask me who my all-time favourite band throughout band history is then my brain would probably turn into mush. 

So let's stick to The 1975 for now. 

As a band, they've been through so much, from the front-man's drug problems to changing the band's name about a hundred times, and to even getting a record label to even produce their album. 

I just love how authentic their sound is, and I like how they write songs about their past experiences, and not just songs to fit mainstream 'band music'.

It's like the front-man Matt Healy said in the Girls video: we're not a pop band. 

That much is true, and I love them for that. 

It's just another Monday night for me right now, with some differences of course:

Ugh! by The 1975 is playing from my phone speaker.

You can find me somewhere underneath Taehyung's body (I promise you, it's nothing naughty, well kinda).

Our lips are tightly attached and our hands are free to roam wherever they want. 

Too bad Taehyung shares his dorm with six other members, who knows what would have happened we were alone for the night. 

Besides, with The 1975 as the mood setters, anything could have happened. 

"Tae-Tae, we're back!" 

Taehyung and I quickly separate at the sound of Namjoon's voice, I immediately fly off the bed and straighten my hair and clothes while Taehyung does the same. As our eyes meet, we break out into fits of giggles at the situation. 

He hands me my phone and we exit the room together, trying but failing miserably to control our sporadic giggles. So apparently, Taehyung was cast in a drama that he spent most of his summer filming, tonight marks the airing of the first episode and he invited me over to watch with the boys. 

He did tell me that he's interested in acting but he didn't tell me that he has actually acted. 

When we arrive in the living room, we're greeted by all six boys who smile happily at my presence, "sunbae, you made it!" I give a small wave to Yoongi who pats the floor beside him, "sit here." 

As my feet move off into Yoongi's direction, I feel my arm being pulled gently by Taehyung. I give him my perfected what-the-h*ll-do-you-think-you're-doing look but he ignores my glare as he clears his throat. 

"I have an announcement," the boys groan in unison, however it was Jimin who speaks up. 

"Can it wait? The drama's about to start." 

Taehyung glares at him, "what's the rush? I don't appear in the first episode anyway." 

Yoongi groans in response to Taehyung's revelation, "then why am I even here? I have better things to do." 

Taehyung ignores them altogether as he looks at me with a small smile on his face. 

Uh oh. 

He better not do it!

"I want to introduce my girlfriend," the boys immediately stop what they're doing and look at us in shock, well with exception of Hoseok and Namjoon. 

I bite my lip as the silent awkwardness grows tenfold, Taehyung turns to me, "why don't you tell them your name?" 

Is he serious right now?

"I think they already know that Tae..."

Hoseok chuckles loudly, "I already had an idea, I just didn't know sunbae would be interested in Taehyung." 

His little quip cause the boys to chuckle which breaks the awkwardness in the room. Namjoon nods his head then speaks up, "he did tell me that he was having some difficulties, I just didn't know it was about Mi Na-ah." 

I shake my head at the both of them then walk over to Yoongi and sit beside him, "weird things have been happening lately," he turns to Taehyung, "I don't know how you did it, but your girl isn't like any ordinary girl, we all know that," the remaining boys nod their heads in agreement, "you better not mess this up." 

I

Please log in to read the full chapter