Chapter 53

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung's POV

In the past few days, I've felt an immeasurable amount of pain, in all my life I've never been through anything like this, and to be honest, the days I spent away from home as a trainee do not even measure up to what I'm experiencing right now. My body's fine, I have a clean bill of health, it's my mind that can't seem to process things like it used to, every time I would hear Mi Na scream in her sleep I get a mental breakdown, and while I watched as female nurses rushed to her room to offer aid, I felt useless.

There's nothing that I could do to help her, she was right there in front of me and I couldn't even open the door and step inside the room as she didn't want to se me; and even though that hurt me the most, I still returned to the hospital after I finished my activities just so I could be near her. I heard bits and pieces of the nurses' conversation, my Mi Na had suddenly become terrified of men, she has many bruises on her body so the doctors concluded that she was badly beaten, that night I sat in a bathroom stall at the hospital and cried silently to myself as I thought about everything she went through.

 When Detective Oh dragged me to her hospital room I felt a rush of different emotions as I was finally able to see her beautiful eyes once more, in that moment I just needed to hold her and that's exactly what I did, and I felt so much relief when she didn't resist my touch; because if she did, I don't what I would have done with myself.

And now I'm on the roof of the hospital, screaming my lungs out, because I have no idea what to do, I don't know how to handle all this pain, and as a friend and lover to Mi Na, I don't really know how to comfort her at a time like this. We've lost a child.

I've never thought that something like this would happen to me in all my life, even though I'm still young I feel like my life is completely over. Our baby died and it hurts so much.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, but that didn't stop me from screaming my heart out, the person doesn't even coax me to stop either, he just let me get all my frustrations out. 

"Why?" I suddenly find myself asking no one in particular, "why us? What have we done to deserve this? What has Mi Na-ah done to deserve this?" 

The sobs rack my body and my legs immediately grow weak, the friendly hand on my shoulder quickly turns into a supportive arm to lean on as it becomes too hard to stand on my own feet, "it's okay, it's okay, you can cry all you want." 

Detective Kang embraces me like a long, lost friend as I cry out into the night. I really don't know what else to do, and I feel so useless to the point where I feel like I won't be able to be there for Mi Na now that she needs me more than ever. 

"Listen to me Taehyung-ssi, I won't stop until I find this guy, do you hear me?" I nod my head at him, "I promise you that I'll make his life a living hell when I do find him." 

I take a deep breath then step away from him, my sobs subside as I look him deep in his eyes, "when you find him..." a few tears roll down my already soaked cheeks, "...I need some time alone with him, can you do that me? Can you do that for us?" 

He looks at me for a moment then sticks his hand out, and I don't hesitate to firmly grasp it as we both made an agreement that doesn't need much of an explanation. 

"Let's go, the doctor wants to see you." 

Detective Kang silent leads me through the various hallways until we arrive outside the door of the doctor's office, however we both freeze in our steps as the shouting coming from inside the room catches us off guard. I suddenly grow a case of what feels like cold feet as thoughts of turning around and going the opposite way suddenly enters my mind.

I breathe heavil

Please log in to read the full chapter