Chapter 18

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Change is normal. 

Change is essential. 

Change is something that happens naturally or you decide to bring about change. 

Everyday is considered a new day, so when the sun rises there is ultimately a change. 

Seasons also change, well with exception for those parts of the world that doesn't go through such change, there's the fall, winter, spring, and my personal favourite summer. 

We also decide to change our lifestyle once in a while; from eating meat to going vegan or vegetarian, from starting to exercise or deciding to just pig out on the sofa with pizza and ice cream. 

Sometimes people that come into our lives also causes us to change. When that happens, we either change our lives for the better, or we just end up changing for the worse. 

I keep thinking whether or not I should change on a daily basis; should I change my hair? Should I change my size from a C to an A? (okay, that one's a bit dumb).  

But with these past three days I just feel like I should change at least something about me, maybe I should cut down on being so cynical, and try to be more happy, like my boyfriend. 

I just love saying that. 

My boyfriend. 

My lovable, fluffy, happy virus boyfriend. 

Kim Taehyung. 

So I'll try to tweak a little part of my personality, I won't be too serious all the time, I'll even try to make jokes now, clean ones too. 

My boyfriend is a happy person, so what's stopping me from changing into a more warm person? 

​​​​​​Did I ever mention how happy people would annoy me? 

I mean, how can you be so happy all the time? 

It's not plausible, let's be realistic, the world is in a bad shape, things aren't always what they seem, and with so much sh*t going on, whether in the world, in your own country, or even in your personal life, how are you able to be perceived as someone who has achieved long-term happiness?

These trivial things used to puzzle me a lot, at first I thought that happy people are just crazy idiots, but over these past few days I now realize that I was just being jealous of their happiness. 

What a shame. 

I faintly remember Il Suk explaining a theory he had learnt in one of his Philosophy classes a few years ago. I don't really remember the details but, he was basically telling me to find happiness in the little things in life.

His advice came at a time when I was just feeling miserable on a daily basis, when I felt the only thing I was good at in life is just playing the cello and going to school. I've never really applied his advice that much, there weren't any 'little things' in my life to be happy about; but now, in this very moment, I can truly say that I'm happy.

I'm just the happiest girl in the room right now, and my source of happiness comes from seeing Taehyung trying to play the cello.

 When I arrived at BigHit I was surprised to see him here, I thought he was somewhere else due to his schedule, but apparently they've finished a bit early. Since I have to wait until Mr Bang's last meeting for the day to be over before I can see him, and Taehyung is apparently bored I asked him if he wanted to learn a few cello basics.

I still can't get the image of his face out of my head when I asked him that, he looked like a kid in an ice cream shop, and I couldn't help but feel lighter when I saw his smile. 

"How many positions are there?" I adjust his middle finger as he asks the question. 

"About seven, you actually have a talent for this Taehyung, you've managed to learn three positions in under an hour." 

He smiles brightly at me, "you're not being sarcastic are you?" I shake my head with a smile of my own, "I can never tell when you're not being sarcastic," I roll my eyes at him, "see? Yah, I'm the oppa in this relationship, you should be nice to me."

I laugh at his statement, "okay sure, I'll be nice to you." 

"C'mon I want to know, when were you born?" 

Taehyung has been asking that question for a few days now, according to him, it's a bit unfair that I know his exact date of birth while he only knows the year I was born. Which also happens to be the same year that he was born. 

"Why? It's possible that I could be older than you."

He frowns, "December has thirty-one days, your birthday could be December thirty-first."

I smirl at him, "then it's December thirty-first."

He gives me a shocked look, "really?" he pouts at me, "there you go, being all sarcastic again," I laugh once more, "I like your laugh, it's beautiful, maybe I should record it so I can hear it all the time."

I make a face, "that's a bit creepy." 

Before he could reply, Mr Bang's secretary enters the practice room, "Mi Na-ssi, he'll see you now." 

I nod my head at her then she exits as quickly as she had arrived, I turn to Taehyu

Please log in to read the full chapter