Chapter 40

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bang Si Hyuk's POV 

I sigh as the meeting comes to an end, for the first time in the many years I've been doing this line of work, I actually wish that I could be anywhere but here. No, not just anywhere, I wish that I could get up from this chair and walk down the hall just to see her either playing the cello or working on some music.

I've already failed her as a father and I haven't even really started being a parent yet. I sit back in my chair and run my fingers through my hair as I think about the entire situation, it's no secret that everyone here is a bit on edge at Mi Na-ah's sudden disappearance.

Last night was one of the first nights that I actually felt scared to death, how could someone just disappear like that? 

A knock on the door brings me back to reality, my secretary bows at me before speaking, "sir, two detectives are here to see you." 

I nod my head then stand as the two lawmen enter my office. I furrow my eyebrows as a sense of familiarity washes over the room as one of the detectives smiles warmly at me. 

"Bang Si Hyuk. Never thought I'd ever see you again."

My eyes run over his facial features then widen in recognition as they spot his famous eyebrow scar. "Seo Joon hyung? It has been a while, please take a seat." 

He looks around my office with the same mischievous twinkle in his eye, he sighs then looked at me, "this is my partner, Tae Oh," I return his partner's bow, "I'm sorry that our reunion has to come like this. But I must ask you if you know a Choi Mi Na?" 

I sigh then nod my head at his question, "she worked here for a few months," his partner writes down that bit of information, "but you should know, on that night, she was here and then she was no where to be found." 

His partner nods his head at me, "you were the last person she spoke to?"

I shake my head, "she came here to see me, we talked for a bit then she asked about her boyfriend, he was the last person to see her." 

Seo Joon hyung sighs then leans back in his chair, "so let me get this straight, after she had an argument with her father, she drove here to speak to you. Am I right?" I nod my head, "but why would she come here? She spoke to you first, not her boyfriend, so I'll assume he doesn't know much about the argument. Was she hiding something?" 

I chuckle humorlessly, "you were always a sharp one hyung. But no, she wasn't the one hiding anything, it was what she found out that made her drive all the way here. But that has no relevance to your case, I can assure you." 

He raises his eyebrows, "okay. I'll accept that for now. I noticed that you share the building with other businesses. Is it possible for me to see the CCTV?"

I nod my head at him then mentally slapped myself for not thinking about that in the first place, "and what about this boyfriend of hers? Is it possible for us to meet with him?"

I sigh once more but his partner speaks up before I could say anything, "Mr Bang, I know that this young man must have an image to protect, it's just an assumption but I can guess that not many people are aware of their relationship. I understand your hesitation, a

Please log in to read the full chapter