Chapter 55

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Detective Kang's POV 

"You don't have to be here for this, if anything goes south your hands will get dirty." 

She shakes her head at me, "I'm standing in place of a friend who should be here, and even though this is wrong, I understand why you're doing it." 

I sigh, "if you kick a stone in anger, you will hurt your foot," she chuckles at the familiar saying, "where there is anger, there is always pain underneath." 

She looks at me, "I don't know that one." 

I nod my head at her, "Eckhart Tolle, I read his book once. Anyway, I agree that this is wrong, and while I don't make the law, I just feel like if he doesn't do anything about his anger, then he'll explode." 

The crunching of car tires against the gravel catches our attention, Tae Oh first exits his car, and with a subtle nod in our direction the passenger door opens. The two men enter the abandoned warehouse, one with a determined look on his face, the other wearing a rather nonchalant expression on his.

But I can see the true anger that lies within his eyes. "Are you sure about this?"

His eyes doesn't once meet mine as he takes in the occupant sitting on the chair, "you said I shouldn't break any bones, that's the only regret I have at this point." 

He steps by me and walks over to the chair, with swift movements he registers a solid slap, my face involuntarily cringes at the loud sound that resonates throughout the building. 

"That's going to leave a mark." I ignore Tae Oh's remark as I take in his shaking shoulders.

"You killed my child."

He punches him in the face. 

He punches him in the stomach. 

He punches him in the face again. 

"You hurt my woman." 

He kicks the chair and that causes it to fall over, then he begins kicking his stomach, Officer Go steps forward to stop him, but pauses in her tracks as he breaks out in heartbreaking sobs.

"I hate you! I hate you! You dirty bastard!" 

When Woo In Cheon finally coughs up some blood, he falls to his knees in a sobbing mess, Officer Go, Tae Oh and I stand in our tracks as we watch him cry his eyes out over the loss he had to endure. I sigh sadly then walk over to him. 

"C'mon, I'll take you home," I help him stand to his feet, "take that back to jail for now, if anything happens I'll deal with the consequences." 

He doesn't utter a word to me during the entire car ride back to his apartment, and I don't say anything to him either, it's obvious that he wasn't in the mood to talk. So I just let him sit there and watch the passing scenery as we drive through the streets of Seoul. 

Il Suk's POV 

I sigh as I watch her zip her cello in its case, both Nam Chan, Joon hyung and myself decided to come visit her once more. I rub my hands together nervously as she looks at the three of us. 

"I'll miss you guys." 

I scoff at her, "then don't go." 

She wraps her arms around her small frame as Chan takes a step towards her. I roll my eyes at him then slap the back of his head. 

"You'll come back right?" 

All three of us look at her with hope in her eyes, but when she sighs, I know there's no positive response to my question. 

"What is there to come back to? I wasn't

Please log in to read the full chapter