Chapter 51

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung's POV 

I bow deeply at the crowd of screaming fans as the fan sign comes to an end. As much as I love my fans to death, I couldn't help but feel tired of all of this, it's too much for me right now and I just want to go home and rest. 

Actually, I want to go home and wait for Detective Kang's phone call, the last time we spoke was when he came to BigHit to show us a picture of a likely suspect. He wasn't sure of the guy's name at the time, and I've never seen him before, but apparently he followed my girl around like a lost dog all this time. 

And I didn't even realize. 

What kind of boyfriend does that make me? I can't even protect the woman that I love, while I'm here pretending to be happy while I give out signatures, she's probably far away from home, in a cold place with a stranger who wants to harm her.

I seriously do not deserve her. 

The atmosphere in the van would give any normal person the chills, no one's speaking, and Sejin hyung keeps on looking in the rearview mirror to check up on us. I ignore his glances as I stare out the window, I don't want to meet his eyes at this point, his looks of pity makes me want to burst into tears.

I can't be that person right now, I need to be strong. I need to be strong not only for myself, but for Mi Na as well. 

The members haven't really been talking to me that much, my hyungs just ask me whether or not I want to eat with them or not, and I always give them the same answer. 

No, I'm not hungry. 

Namjoon hyung asked that same question again last night, and I guess it was out of annoyance, or maybe it was anger and frustration. But whatever I was feeling led to me shouting at him, I was a brat to be honest, and I haven't even found the courage to apologize to him yet. 

Taehyung-ah, he said. Why don't you come eat with us?

That was a really simple question if you ask me, but I locked myself in my room for a specific reason: I didn't want to be bothered, I didn't want to think of anything or anyone else. I just wanted Mi Na to come back to me. 

So I lashed out at him, I surprised myself much more than I surprised him to be honest. 

How the do you expect me to eat?

I'm not even sure if Mi Na-ah's eating right now! 

Why can't all of you leave me the hell alone? 

And like a child throwing a tantrum, I slammed the door in his face and went back to bed. 

I hate myself, I really do. Namjoon hyung has been good to me ever since I came to Seoul, I know deep down that I shouldn't be acting like this. But I just couldn't hold it in last night, in all honesty, I was a bit worried, I might have been panicking a little. 

It's been weeks since Mi Na went missing, and there's no news of her whereabouts, you would think a witness would have stepped forward by now, but nothing's happened. I don't want to lose hope, but I can't seem to shake this strange feeling that's washing over me. 

The van comes to a halt outside our dorm, without any hesitation I open the door and exite, "Taehyung-ah." 

I stop in my tracks then turn around at the sound of Sejin hyung's voice, "get some rest huh? Tomorrow's the last fan sign in Hongdae, you need to be well rested

Please log in to read the full chapter