Chapter 5

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

When you've lived your life with the current knowledge that you have, you think you know it all, you think it's acceptable to be in your comfort zone all the time. Then someone comes along and literally drops a bomb of information on you, you stop and think about why you haven't thought about that before, or why you didn't ask all the right questions. 

Cha Jun Young caused me to question my entire life, I felt ashamed as not only did I not know those things but I failed to ask the right questions, I was too laid back, I didn't want to upset anyone, but at the same time I chose to remain in my web of unknown. 

Like an idiot. 

I salute the receptionist as I enter the building, she gives me a wide-eyed stare in return, she probably thinks I'm a bit weird. 

Great going Mi Na. First day on the job and you've managed to scare the receptionist. 

I skip along the hallway to Mr Hitman's office, I knock loudly on his door then enter, however the door didn't open all the way as there seems to be something behind it. 

I step inside to see boxes upon boxes and a few stray papers lying on the floor. "Ah, you're here. Sorry about the mess, we're moving offices soon."

I look around then smirk, I point to the shelf on the right, "the awards are staying then?" he ignores my question as he gestures for me to take a seat. 

"So? How did the meeting go?"

I lean back in the chair. "It was... eye-opening. I actually have a few questions for you," he raises his eyebrows at me, "how close were you to my mother?"

He clears his throat awkwardly. "Like I said, we just went to school together,"

I sigh softly, "along with Cha Jun Young sunbaenim? You know he has a picture in his office with the three of you, but what I found really strange is the fact that he had my mother's scores, my father said he gave them away after she died."

He leans back in his chair. "Let's talk about this another time, huh?"

I sigh once more, "no problem. I understand, after all my father must have a been quite foolish for loving a blind woman back in the day."

He shakes his head at my comment then crosses his arms across his chest. "Choi Mi Na..."

I give him a small smile. "Anyway, let's talk about work. I'll offer my services for free," he tilts his head at me. "I'm not playing with you right now, being able to meet Cha Jun Young sunbaenim was always a dream of mine, it's the least I can do for you."

He shakes his head at me. "There must be something I can help you with."

I think about his offer for a while, "full access to the studio. Since I'll be working here I'll lose my free time that I spent at Joon's bar, and I need to practice."

He nods his head, "consider it done. Any other questions?"

I look around his office as I take notice all the photos there with him and the boys. "I honestly thought you were taller," he runs his hand over his face, "I'm not really interested in their concept or any deep meaning behind their songs, but I'll assume they'll have their own unique touch to this album."

He nods his head once more, "this time we're looking into solos."

I blink at him in surprise, "solos? Okay, now we're talking. I'll put

Please log in to read the full chapter