Chapter 25

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

By definition, the word inspiration means being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially something creative. 

As we go through our everyday lives, we'll find that there are different things or even the people around us that will inspire us to do something creative or even take action. 

As a musician, I'm always getting inspired by the little things, or by musicians who came before me, such as Beethoven, who was also inspired by the great Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach. 

Musicians such as Beethoven, Mozart and Bach, among many more, all inspire me to create something that I think they would be happy to sit and listen to. 

If you're interpreting that the way I think you're interpreting it, then you're absolutely right. 

I compose, no not that word, I create musical pieces just for the ears of dead classical musicians. 

What can I say? Not only are those individuals my inspiration, they're also my idols. 

It doesn't matter how much praise I get from my professors or conductors, I never feel like I've actually produced something that great. 

I remember when a panel of professors from the Department of Instrumental Music at school invited me to play two musical pieces for them. My admission to Seoul National had depended on my execution and performance, I was a bit nervous I must admit, but when I had finished, I didn't feel like I had done something good. 

"You're gifted." That's what they had said to me, and it's something that I've heard all my life, my Dad even had me evaluated by one of those doctors, not for my benefit as it was just a way to further his ego.

But anyway, like I said, inspiration can come in many forms; after the magical night I had, I was truly inspired to write something, and it's the most beautiful piece I've ever written. 

"Mi Na-ah." 

I groan at the sound of my name but don't move an inch, my eyes are reluctant to open and my body feels so stiff I don't think I can move. 

"Baby, wake up." 

Oh? It's that voice again. 

I slowly open my right eye at the sound of his voice, my vision blurs as I struggle to make out his face, "why did you sleep here?" 

My left eye then opens and I have to squint to see his face properly, due to my presbyopia I can't see very well. And before I started on my late night project I had replaced my contacts with my glasses. 

"Tae?" I sit up slowly and reach for the spectacles lying on the small coffee table beside my songbook and tablet, "what time is it?" 

I yawn as I place the bifocals on. Taehyung smiles softly at me, "you look so cute in your glasses. But why did you sleep on the couch?"

Taehyung had already booked into this hotel before he arrived at my performance last night so we decided to sleep in his hotel room after what happened between us. As the memory of our three times resurfaces, my face lights up like the North Star as I blush heavily. 

"Are you okay?"

I clear my throat awkwardly then nod my head, "yeah, I um...just had to work on something. I fell asleep shortly after I finished." 

He flashes me a worried look then sighs, "okay. But the next time you have important work to do tell me, I don't want to be a distraction."

Why would he say that?

I nod my head at him then stand up with a stretch, "okay. Let's go get ready, I don't want us to miss our flights." 

He doesn't respond to me as his eyes fixate on my bare legs. After a quick shower last night, I had decided to wear his dress shirt, which just happens to barely

Please log in to read the full chapter