Chapter 15

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

There is a theory floating around out there about time, it's called Eternalism or the Philosophy of Time. 

Apparently, the past, present and future all exist at the same time. There's also another part of it which states that the past and present are real, while the future is not. 

It becomes a bit complicated even more; as time flows, the present then becomes a part of the past, and the future then becomes the new present.

Who comes up with this stuff anyway? This is why I did not do well in the sciences, well more specifically, Physics and Chemistry. 

The point is, I've been trying to apply the theory of Eternalism to my life, in terms of the decisions I've made so far, or the ones I haven't made. 

If I had chosen otherwise I would ultimately have a different past, my future would be different as well, and as for the present? 

Would I be here right now in this moment? Would I be playing the cello? Would I be here, in this very moment, having deep feelings for a man called Kim Taehyung?

Well I think Eternalism or Einstein's Theory of Relativity speaks about different universes all existing at the same time. 

So there's a separate universe out there, existing with this current one, where all the decisions that we failed to make, were actually made, in that universe. 

D*mn this is complicated. 

I wonder how the other me in that universe is handling this Taehyung situation. I hope she's being more brave, with better control over her love life. 

The heart is one of the most important organs in our body, along with our brain, the heart never stops working. It's also fascinating, the heart pumps blood all over our body, and I think the circulatory system is just magnificent.

There are times when our heart rate speeds up, it's mostly when we're doing some type of exercise, or when we're worrying, panicking or a bit nervous. The heart is able to race with many beats per second, imagine how many blood is being circulated around our body when our heart is constantly racing. 

You would think you'd feel much better, with all that blood pumping to your organs, especially the oxygen which is essential for our blood cells, it's supposed to be such a healthy feeling. 

But why do my feet feel cold? Why are my palms sweaty? 

My unoccupied hand grabs the linen on Taehyung's bed, my breathing increases as his face comes closer, and closer to mine. My eyes involuntarily move from his eyes to his lips, then back to his eyes.

In the almost four weeks that I've known him, I've never seen such seriousness in his eyes. 

What am I supposed to do? Where is Taehyung even going with this? 

His hands move to my head where he tucks some loose strands behind my ear, my breathing increases tenfold as I feel the warmth of his hand on my ear. I close my eyes as his heavy breath falls on my lips, and I could tell that he's just as nervous as I am.

His soft lips meet mine and, too much is happening at once...

...my thoughts scrambled....

...my heart beats are the only thing that can be heard...

...the helpful voice of my subconscious suddenly neglects me...

I take a leap of faith as I run my fingers through his hair then pull at the roots as the kiss grows deeper. He sneakily pushes his tongue into my mouth, and my own tongue meets his and engages in a dance as if they're long

Please log in to read the full chapter