Chapter 21

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Have you ever worried about something that you feel like it's consuming you?

It's like you can't focus on anything or anyone else other than that one thing that's driving you crazy. 

You can't sleep, you can't eat, you can't even think straight.

You're just too busy worrying about the outcome of a situation that you created and you wonder what would be different if you had just kept your mouth shut. 

I blame it on the Cognac I had that night, but I wasn't even drunk when I said that to him. 

The next best thing is to just blame it on the ball of emotions that hit me when I had realized that my friendship might be over and the only good thing going on in my life is my relationship with Taehyung. 

But it doesn't matter what excuses I come up with, I think I may have messed everything up since I didn't give Taehyung a chance to tell his boss himself. 

This is not my first spin on the entertainment industry ferry, I know how serious companies get when it comes on to their artistes and relationships. 

This is why they say familiarity breeds contempt. 

I've gotten so comfortable with Mr Bang that I lost my head for a split second and forgot that he's actually a CEO with his artistes' best interests at heart. 

I think I've doomed my relationship. 

I clear my throat as I arrive at his office, I'm not able to see his face due to the giant stuffed toy that I'm holding in both my arms. 

"You can come in." I place the toy by the door. 

I bite my lip as I study how he's sitting around his desk, he has that no-nonsense expression on his face and his arms are folded across his chest. I give a subtle bow then sit across from him. 

"You didn't bring that thing to try and gain my favour did you?" 

I look back at the giant teddy bear by the door and swallow my scoff. 

Remember Mi Na, you need to get on his good side. 

"That thing? I just came from orchestra practice, a fan of mine dropped it off, along with a letter wishing me good luck at the upcoming symposium."

He nods his head, "I see you're looking much better than last night. That's why I think I must have heard you incorrectly when you said that Taehyung is your boyfriend."

I sigh, "I was of sound mind last night. I'm sure he was going to tell you but it just slipped out. I didn't know that you would react like a mother hen and forbid me to see him." 

He shakes his head, "mother hen?" 

I bite my lip once more. 

Yah! What is wrong with you?

Apologize. 

I bow my head, "I'm sorry ahjussi, I mean, Mr Hitman Bang sir," he lets out a soft scoff, "I came here today to kindly ask you to reconsider what you told me last night. I can assure you that even though I'm young, I'm a very mature individual who can handle a relationship with an idol. If you feel like I'm not good enough for him, then I can list all my credentials, which I'm sure you already know since you've followed me around before." 

He leans back in his chair and looks at me, "yah, do you think this in an interview? When did I say you're not good enough for him?" he holds his head down as he scratches his face and mutters softly, "it's actually the other way around."

What? 

"Why would you say that? I find no fault with Kim Taehyung." 

He runs his hand over his face, "I didn't mean it like that. Mi Na-ssi, you are such a talented individual with such a bright future ahead of you, you don't need a relationship right now, you need-"

I quickly interject, "let me guess, I need to practice, I need to compose more scores, oh here's a good one: I

Please log in to read the full chapter