Chapter 10

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, escapism is the tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy.

We all engage in a bit of escapism, everyone at some point in their miserable lives try to escape from their reality, and in doing so we create a safe space where we're in control. A space in our minds where everything goes exactly the way we want, a space where we're the boss and nothing else matters. 

"Seeking distraction and relief from unpleasant realities."

My entire life is an unpleasant reality, I'm just existing, following the instructions given to me...like an idiot. 

My escapism comes in the form of a voice, more specifically Kim Taehyung's voice, it started out with me listening to him sing, now I just want to hear him talk, or laugh, even a simple sigh will do. 

And when I feel like escaping, I just listen to him talk, and talk, and talk some more. 

"There's no way I'm getting on that death trap." 

He pouts at me then takes my hand, "c'mon Mi Na-ah, it's safe and look, others are going on it." 

I watch as the cable car went up, and up, and all the way to the top. 

You couldn't pay me a million bucks to go on that thing. 

"Don't tell me...are you scared of heights?" I glare at him then walk off. 

Taehyung thought it would be nice if we came to the Namsan Tower, since not only is it a Wednesday, it's also a school day, so less fan girls. 

He gently holds on to my arm, "hey, nothing will happen to you. I'm here, so you'll be fine. We just have two hours together, let's make the most of it, huh?" 

I sigh then head in the direction of the entry of the cable cars, when the doors opened, I sigh once more then take a timid step inside. A part from Taehyung and I, there are no occupants of the car, I move closer to him as the doors close. 

I feel him take my hand and intertwine our fingers as we starte to ascend. I take deep breaths as the car shakes for a bit. 

"I want to get off Taehyung," I look at him, the only thing I could see is worry flashing in his eyes, as his face is covered in a mask. 

He pulls me closer to his chest and engulfs me in a hug. 

I froze. 

What's going on? 

"Yah, Kim Taehyung, what are you doing?" I want to look at him but he's using his hand to keep my face in his chest. 

He smells good, like really good. 

"You can't fear what you can't see. If you can't see how high you are, then you won't feel so afraid." 

That makes some sense. We stand there for the entire duration of the ride, my face in his chest and his strong arms around my waist. 

As soon as the cable car comes to a halt, I quickly remove myself from his embrace and exit with a sigh of relief. 

D*mn. I thought my heart was going to jump through my mouth back there. 

"Let's go get ice-cream," he pulls my hand and takes off running with me closel

Please log in to read the full chapter