INSANE MAMA

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I’m running late for my appointment with Mr. and Mrs. Gong who are having their renewal of vows on their 50th wedding anniversary by the end of this month. They gave me a call telling me how they’ve heard of my team, Justly Yours, from the photo studio I’ve worked with before.

Word-of-the-mouth, indeed.

I may be a lot younger than my competitions but I have more connections, friends and I believe I beat them all on P.R. skills. I mean not only on the skills alone but people are always delighted to talk and meet with me. I’ve only been in the business for nearly four years but I sure have made quite a reputation in the wedding and event arrangement industry.

I park my car at the parking lot of the luxurious hotel where the venue will be held at. If I wasn’t disturbed by that woman, whoever she is, I wouldn’t be rushing like this right now. I need to make a good impression on this rich old couple, they’re one of the biggest deals I could have, they own a lot of businesses. I reach the entrance and show my I.D. and license to the guards so they let me in right away.

I check my watch. . I’m ten minutes late. I am doomed.

Good first impression, my .

To make things worse, I had to look for the events hall for a good five minutes or so. This building is ginormous. I adjust the strap of my laptop bag on my shoulders while hugging the thick folders I have which contain a variety of concepts they could choose from later on. I knock three times before pushing the wide doors open.

“Hello.” I greet right away while bowing multiple times. “Mr. and Mrs. Gong, I want to apologize for—“ I abruptly stop when I saw the old couple and some other faces that I quickly recognize and dislike. Faces of my biggest competition, Elique.

Of course, their boss is here too, the witch hag, Lee Jeongja. If my life was a story, I’m the protagonist while she’s the antagonist. I ing hate that woman. “Oh? Are you Byun Baekhyun from Justly Yours?” Mrs. Gong stands up and approaches me. “Did you not receive my email yesterday? My husband and I talked it through more last week and we’ve decided not to go on with your agency. I’m very sorry but Elique has greater choices and plans for our wedding.” She explains.

My whole body turns stiff as I look at all of them. Jisoo will get in big trouble for not checking the emails properly. I am livid. I am embarrassed. I am … shaken to my core.

What a ing shame. And worse, in front of my competition.

“You’re talented and young. But you have a lot more way to go. We’ve just really decided to go to the more trusted and experienced event planner like Miss Lee Jeongja here.”

I meet eyes with that middle-aged hag who gave me that victory smile while waving a hand. I clench my fists to suppress myself from bursting. I give a smile to the old woman in front of me. “I understand. I’m sorry, I couldn’t read the email you sent.” I answer with my unsteady tone. I give her another bow before excusing myself.

I feel like I was being eaten alive by demons, in the name of Elique. Geez, even their agency’s name is hateful.

Just when I was starting to regain my composure when I got out, the door behind me opens again. I turn around and meet eyes with the boss of Elique, Lee Jeongja. “Hello there. I’m still a professional so I want to apologize for taking Mr. and Mrs. Gong’s deal away from you. Dear, I didn’t do anything, I was called.” She explains with such a prideful smile. I could feel my nostrils flaring as I stare back at her. “Well, anyway, my apologies. As Mrs. Gong said, you’re still young. You have a lot more way to go to reach my level, sweetie. Take care!” She beams—fake —before going back into the hall.

Once I am all alone again, I death-grip on the folders I am holding until their edges are all crumpled. This has got to be one of my worst days ever.

 

 

Time check – 12:05 AM.

I finally arrive home. Such a long and wasteful day. I stayed in my office very late because I had to study and organize some other deals I got with other clients in the near future.

I am ing drained.

I throw my jacket on the couch and I drop my body along with it. The humiliation I got earlier affected my whole day. I couldn’t focus at all It’s one other reason I worked overtime tonight. Four years of working my off and they tell me I have a lot more way to go? How can they base their trust just on experience? I have what it takes, I have the abilities. Justly Yours is better than Elique. I am better than Lee Jeongja. I’m better than her.

And they can’t see that just because I’m younger? Or because I’m a male, perhaps?

I mean, double standards.

I stand up to go to my kitchen. I check my cupboard to look for any kind of instant noodles I could cook. Empty. I open the fridge for any leftovers. Empty. Well, it’s not actually entirely empty as I have a few bottles of water and sodas. I grab a bottle of water before going to the other side of the cupboards this time. I take out a pack of crackers before walking to my bedroom. I remove my shoes before crawling to my bed. I turn the TV on before opening the pack of crackers with my teeth.

And . How much more wretched can this day be? I drop the pack of crackers on my bed, crumbles scattered around making a big mess. “Seriously?” I groan as I open my water bottle inside “You ing—open. Open, you piece of !” I grip the bottle tightly and put force into opening the cap and when it finally opened, it spurts all over me and on the cracker-filled bed.

“!” I exclaim and toss the bottle on the floor.

I get off the bed to get a cloth or something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter