WHA-WHAT?

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You want music?”

As I drive, I glance at the passenger’s seat where Jiwon is sitting on. We’re on our way to work and she hasn’t spoke since then. Although  not getting an answer, I turn the radio on and a typical kpop boy group song came up. I bob my head as I follow the rhythm. I won’t deny that I do miss music, like a lot. I miss playing the guitar and piano. Mostly singing too. “I’ve heard of this song a couple of times. Isn’t it the boy group with so many members? Like—“ I couldn’t finish my sentence when she reached to turn the radio off.

The .

“Okay, you should have said you don’t want music then.” I said and she only gave me a nod. “Yah.” I call out again, still glancing from the road to her side. She casually turns to my side but had her eyes down her phone, playing a game. “If you’re playing hard-to-get, I’m telling you it’s not even how you’re supposed to do it cause you’re acting like I killed someone.” I grunt, my grip on the steering wheel tightening. “I’m actually playing 4 Pics 1 Word.” She answers and I just facepalmed myself.

Of course she is!

Grr.

I clear my throat before opening a topic again. “How’s mommy and Hansol?” I ask with a smile and surprisingly, she looks up to me. From my peripheral view, I see that look in her eyes. I know her heart fluttered at that question.

That was until she spoke,

“I don’t get this one, I mean almost. There’s a keyboard and a surface of ice. I don’t get it.” She groans before looking down to her phone again. . “Anyway, yeah. Hansol’s fine.” She then answers, still with a casual tone. Geez, why is she so difficult right now. “H-how about mommy?” I then ask with a tinge of chuckle. “Mommy’s playing 4 Pics 1 Word.” She answers as if she doesn’t want me to know further of her. “Ugh! You’re annoying.” I groan and that’s the start of a silent travel to work.

 

Finally arriving at work, I parked the car and she got out right away. I did the same and start walking when she blocked me out of nowhere. “How may years have you been working while wearing a formal outfit? You still don’t get your necktie right. Looks ugly right now.” She mutters and reaches for my tie. Oh. . . now she’s playing. “That’s okay, I know you’ll fix it. You’ve always made every ugly part of my life beautiful.” I answer making her stop.

She looks up, her eyes sparkling with somewhat surprise and let’s just say. . . admiration.

It’s me after all, duh.

“Except when you’re the ugly part. It’s still ugly.” I finish my sentence before moving away to walk ahead. “Yah!” I hear her from behind and I just chuckle in victory.

Well of course, I don’t mean it. . .

I mean the latter.

Everything has been right and beautiful ever since she came.

Well except for the part where I’d have to go through push-and-pull first, it .

And—. Another ugly part of my life is this human being right in front of the entrance who’s blocking my way. “Hello, Mr. Byun.” He greets, Mr. OCD is here again. “Are you bored? Got nothing nice to do? Good morning.” I greet before going into the small space he cave me. I turn again and saw him greeting Jiwon next. “You know, I got an advice if you’re bored. You go home, go to your room, and hold your breath for a few hours.” I add but he only walked out again while GRABBING JIWON ALONG.

WHAT THE ?

I decided to stay there and not meddle.

They were out there for like a good ten minutes!

But surprisingly, Jiwon came back in alone. I glance at the glass wall and saw Kyungsoo walking to the parking lot already. “What happened?” I ask. Jiwon has a solemn look on her which worried me. “I think. . . we might have to end the project we’re planning with him and just move on to the next. He sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter