Cup of Tea

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's talk about high school." 

As soon as I hear what she has to say, I roll my eyes. I put my leg over hers as I hug her under the blankets. "Why?~ We went to the same school but of course, we never really knew each other that well." She whines like a kid while tugging on my arm around her. "I already mentioned to you, those days of my life weren't really fancy." I answer with a light chuckle. "Did Mr. Han Yosul ever become your teacher?" She asks instead and I recognized the name right away. "Oh god, that farting P.E. teacher who never admitted he farts." I respond earning that excited grin from her. "Oh god! That's so true. He would always always always blame it to random students closest to where he was." She adds making me laugh back while nodding.  

 

"I was once one of his victims, no one believed him though cause I was kingka as ." I coo giving off that charming wink to her. "Speaking of which, I was so pissed at the so-called 'queenkas' and 'kingkas' of schools, especially ours, like all they do is try to look as attractive as possible, they're a bunch of idiots especially the queenkas. You're an exception though, you never wanted to be a kingka, people just entitled you as such." She explains with her adorable smile. "Geez, someone's head over heels." I mock earning a light hit on my bare chest from her. "But really, I saw you couple of times, rejecting girls, like SPOT ON. Every single girl. You never thought twice. And of course, one of those girls included me." She mouths her last sentence while pouting.   

 

"Well, I did date a couple times too." I answer making her widen her eyes in surprise. "Woah woah—wait, why do I not know about this?" She asks. "Oh no, the stalker isn't as good as she thought she was after all." I mock back before laughing. "No, really. You really dated? Who? Was she from our school?" She asks, somehow, I could see the curiosity and a tinge of jealousy in her eyes. The , it's like million years ago. She's so adorably silly. "She wasn't. She's in the university at that time." I answer and her eyes bulged out for the second time. "She was older?!" She asks and I just tap her cheek before nodding. Choi Taehee, she's a university student in Sejong University, majoring in music composition. I think she's around three years older than I am, if not, two." I descibe briefly. "H-her name even sounds pretty, she must be pretty. . ." Jiwon mumbles while giving me those puppy eyes.  

 

"Yeah, she is. She was even chosen to represent the whole university in one Beauty and Brain pageant before. I watched that pageant, oh god it was so fun to watch. All those beautiful, y and really really smart girls competing. Wooh~" I grunt with so much enthusiasm. I could see Jiwon's face sinking deeper and deeper which is so adorable. I'm not lying though, everything I'm saying is true. "How did you meet?" She asks. "I met her in one gig I did in a jazz café, she used to sing there with her own band. She sang jazz. y~" I tease even more cause she's ing cute. "She was really nice. One time, the café's owner hired both of us to do one performance cause apparently, he liked both of us the best of all the performers there, he said a lot of people come when we perform. So yea, that's how we started dating." I explain further.  

 

"How long did you date?" She asks. "Just a year. She broke up with me when she was recruited by a music company. I didn't mind that much cause she started getting on my nerves in the midst of the relationship." I end her misery and she finally let out a sigh. "Yah, it's like millenniums ago. Don't be too jelly." I tease and pinch her nose. "Why did she get on your nerves by the way?" She continues the interview and I just roll my eyes while laughing. "She's kinda desperate to be on the top of her game all the time, like in music. For me, music is something I love and I feel less pressure in life when I sing or play music. But for her, she's just like. . . too ambituous. She got recruited because of her own effort of constantly hanging out with a bunch of university guys who are interns in that company, I believe. So yeah, long story short, she turned into a as her dream gets bigger and bigger." I cut it as soon as I could.  

 

"Yah, you're unfair. Tell me about yourself back in high school too." I add giving her a side look. "I was pretty much that invisible girl in a class. I only had one friend, all the girls hate me cause they're all es and I study well. I'm that kind of student." She explains as briefly as possible like she's too depressed to even remember it. "Not all the girls then, at least you still have one friend. She's probably a nerd too, wasn't she? I do see your type of girls walking around the cafeteria with their books on their faces, were you two of them?" I tease. She gave me a quick glare before speaking, "First, my friend was a guy. His name is Park Chanyeol and secon--"Woah woah, wait, Park Chanyeol?" I cut her off as soon as I heard the name.  

 

It rings in my ear annoyingly.  

 

"Yeah?" She answers while raising an eyebrow. "That ing guy. Do you know how much trouble I got because of that. Everyone would always come to me and say I have a guy stalker they would tease me saying they caught Park Chanyeol give me this snack, or this protein bar, this gift, in my locker. Yah, your old friend had some serious hots for me okay?" I start ranting, reminiscing those dark memories of being teased for being an all-gender heartthrob. "Oh. . . t-those gifts were all from me. I just ask him to give those to you cause I didn't have the guts to leave them in your locker and be caught. Also, I sometimes would ask him to take pictures of you cause I couldn't afford a cellphone at that time, so yea. I basically filled his gallery with your pictures. . . I always told him keep those pictures until I get a phone which. . . I never got a phone until I graduate, so he ended up deleting them cause he said he's disgusted of the idea having a guy's photos filling his gallery and his mom saw it one time and yea. . . he was misunderstood." She hesitantly explains while biting on her bottom lip.  

 

"Oh god, seriously?~" I ask and begin laughing. "Wow, he did all of those things for you? What a dumb guy." I add while shaking his head. "Yea, honestly I don't think I'll be able to go through life in that school if I didn't have a friend like him. I had a scholarship, everyone else were just rich that's why they could afford to be in such school. But Chanyeol was humble and hung out with me." She explains. "Yah, I wasn't rich too. I was supported by the orphanage so I kind of had the privilege to choose what school I wanted and that school was closest to the orphanage." I try to explain myself.  

 

"Well, even so, it's not like you would hang out with me if we were in the same class, even if we had the same status." She hisses while giving me a look. "Anyway, get me a glass of water." She suddenly changes the topic making me chuckle. I just get off the bed right away before walking out of the room. As I walk towards the kitchen, I remember the scenes from two nights ago. I wonder. . . if my mother. . . became a mother to me, would she help us through this pregnancy like those mothers in the movies? Would she be involved on the day Jiwon gives birth? I shake my head while chuckling to myself.  

 

It doesn't matter anymore.  

 

I don't need her.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter