Storm Before the Calm?

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After putting Hansol to sleep, I went out of the room to go to the kitchen where Jiwon’s making some coffee. “Babe, I want coffee too.” I speak making her turn. “Hey, you have work tomorrow. I’ll stay awake. Go to sleep.” She disagrees making me roll my eyes while chuckling. “I’m being unfair. You stay awake for him more than I do. We should be doing this together, you know. Even my mother told me so.” I defend as I stand just behind her. I put both hands on her hips before kissing her exposed nape. Her hair was up on a messy bun. “It’s different. I don’t work while you do. And yes, we are doing this together. We wouldn’t be able to give Hansol the best things if it weren’t for your hardwork.” She argues back while stirring her coffee. She then turned around to face me. “I also had a quick talk with your mom. I told her about my moods lately and she said it was normal. She made me realize some things and I just. . . I just need to be more positive, that’s it. We’re so lucky to be on this stage of our relationship, we’re lucky to have a very healthy boy. I should start trusting myself more.” She adds.

That made me smile.

Well I guess having a mother close behind isn’t such a bad idea after all, eh?

“That’s totally true.” I reply while her cheeks. “So about Kyungsoo. . .” She then changed the topic real quick making me laugh. “I haven’t told him about the situation, I just said you might be needing his help. Of course he said yes. He’s obsessed with proving that everyone needs him.” I joke making her grin while nodding. She turns back to her coffee as she puts a lot of sugar on it, she likes it that way. It’s disgustingly sweet but who cares, she’s cute. I lean on the other side of the kitchen counter just across her, I stare at her back figure.

I smile. Out of nowhere, I made a decision to sing. A certain song that’s been playing in my head whenever I think about marrying her. It was a short song that I actually composed way back. For some reasons, it just came back to me with the thought of her.

I take a deep breath before starting,

A mystery came to me, with a face of an angel. . . your warmth.

She abruptly turns around with her confused yet moved expression so I continued,

The only one who loves you, staying by your side. . . is that me?

She showed me a very defeated face while staring back at me. She looked like she was about to cry. I walk closer to her before putting my hand on her waist. Then I went straight to the chorus,

Today, hugging you tightly. I’m giving you my heart and soul.

Because you’re my everything for life.

Even if I’m born again. I can’t be with anyone but you.

I think I still need more words to express my mind for life. . .

I stop singing as I stare down at her, our faces in a close gap. “W-what’s with you. . .” She muffles in between sobs. “I wrote that song when I was younger. I. . . I used to imagine my future wife coming into my life and just. . . becoming my everything.” I explain and chuckle to myself. “She was nameless at that time, unfortunately but I still knew I’d meet her someday. So I made that song believing that I would.” I add as I cup her face. “Then. . . things happened and I stopped believing. I’ve forgotten the song and how I was able to make it. . . then this person came and reminded me. . . of the song and how I felt when I was writing it.” I begin choking in my words as I continue explaining. She playfully hits me before jumping in for a tight hug.

“I guess the guy who I fell in love with years ago is completely back, huh?” She asks while burying her face on my chest. “Well. . . I wouldn’t say I’ll still busk around. I think I’m too old for that and I already have a company of my own so. . .” I answer making her laugh.  “Gosh, can you imagine if I wasn’t your first costumer in that club?” I randomly ask. That’s when she pulled away while raising an eyebrow. “What?~ I’m just saying. . . we could agree on this one, you did become a e but luckily only for a short time, thanks to my .” I defend myself only to earn another hit from her on my chest. “Well, I must say. . . no one could have gotten me as easily as you did.” She answers while biting her bottom lip. “That’s weird because I’ve got to be the stingiest costumer cause I don’t remember paying you, actually.” I snort back.

Then she laughed.

Wait, I swear I don’t remember paying her.

“Wha—yah, I really didn’t.” I push. “Tch, and you’re proud of that?” She asks.

“Who cares, you’re mine now.”

I pull her by the waist once again before sealing her lips with mine, no further argument or whatsoever.

And as lucky as I could be, I actually got that night.

Which is crazy.

Because it’s been a while, man.

Damn, she good.

 

T H E  N E X T  D A Y

 

“If this is baby-sitting, I would love to but you see, I have a lot of work to do.”

Today, Jiwon actually paid a visit in the agency. We’re inside my shared office with Kyungsoo. “No it’s not baby-sitting and it’s not today.” Jiwon explains as she holds onto Hansol’s stroller. Fortunately, this finally made Kyungsoo stop from typing on his laptop. “Very well. What and when is it?’ He asks. I eye Jiwon signalling her to explain but she gave me the same look making me roll my eyes, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter