All Done

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, stop right there.”

I put a hand over the opened window of Kyungsoo’s car just before he could speed away. Ugh, do you know that I had to run just to chase him? “If you’re here to apologize, there’s no point in doing so because you can’t change reality with a simple apology.” He speaks with a straight face. “Get out and let’s talk, buddy. C’mon.” I call out as nicely as possible. I admit, I still believe what I did is professional but I hurt his feelings nevertheless. “Talk about what?” He asks and I just snap a finger letting him know I’m serious. Finally he turned the engine off and went out. “You wouldn’t do this if Jiwon didn’t tell you to. She did, right?” He asks while folding his arms. I walk over to his side and lean by his car, thankfully he did the same. “How long were you together?” I ask, ignoring his question. “What do you mean?” He asks, geez, acting stupid now Mr. Ego?

I just chuckle and give him my most friendly smile.

“You know what I mean, don’t worry Jiwon won’t know a single thing. No one would know, this is just between the two of us, as business partners.” I say. “What is it to you?” He asks, still not convinced. , he’s so hard to persuade “This project of ours is what it is. It’s important to me and it’s bothersome for you, it won’t work if the situation is like this for us as business partners. I have the right to know your reasons for everything regarding business, likewise to you.” I explain but actually I just wanna scoop some gossip but anyway, I had a point right there too although it’s not my real motive. I see him rolling his eyes but for me, it was his sigh of defeat. He puts his hands in his pockets while staring at the ground. “You mean marriage?” He asks.

I blink for a while as I think.

“Well, whatever you want. Before marriage or after, in total, I don’t care.” I answer. He heaves a sigh before looking up the peach sky, it’s almost sunset. “Ten years together, four years married, well almost four years. Just almost. . .” He mutters with his barely audible voice. “Holy , ‘ya serious??” I ask but he didn’t respond. “Now that I think of it, I never asked you, how old are you??” I ask again, in shock. “Thirty-one.” He answers. “Holy , ‘ya serious??” I ask, yet again, as shocked as I can be. “, hyungnim, sorry for my mistakes I’m not going to do it again I swear!” I suddenly bowed three times, , I’ve been disrespecting an older person. The , he looks so young! But unlike the usual Do Kyungsoo that I know, he just gave me a simple nod while looking straight. He seem out of this world right now, just by talking about his relationship. Well. . . past relationship.

“Well. . . may I know the story?” I ask hesitantly.

This time, he had a solemn smile. “I met her when I was sent to the States to study. We were eighteen that time. Very young isn’t it?” He asks while shaking his head. “Let me just in real quick, this is like, after stalking Jiwon right?” I ask making him laugh. “Jiwon and I always joke about it because I really treated her like a real sister and I admit, I did have a huge admiration for her back then. But the stalking is not true of course and besides, Jiwon was like around thirteen that time so it was a huge no-no to make a move at all.. All of it changed, of course, when I met my ex-wife.” he explains and I just nod slowly while listening. For the first time, I can actually see a normal Do Kyungsoo. Well, not that he’s abnormal, ehh, kinda I guess but I mean, he’s not all professional and all, he’s just. . . a guy named Do Kyungsoo chatting with a friend right now.

“She’s pretty hot, eh?” I ask remembering one photo I saw, well, actually quite a few cause I like stalking people in social media. I mean, who ing doesn’t?! He just chuckles and looks down. “So ten years. Wow, that’s long, man. But that’s too unlikely. . . to end up in divorce? I mean. . . that sums up to almost fourteen years. W-what happened?” I ask. He runs his fingers through his hair and sighs. “I don’t know why I’m talking about this right now, nor why I’m talking to you.” He mutters. “Hey, this is a good chance to be friends too, that way, we can do business better. Right? We’ve been working together for quite some time now, it’s not too bad to be friends.” I tell as a matter of fact.

Somehow, I don’t see him annoying anymore.

I like this kind of Do Kyungsoo, not trying to hide anything with a cold, sophisticated, intelligent persona he always had.

“Okay fine.” he hushes while shaking his head as if he was so tired of talking about it, or. . . thinking about it. “Well. . . according to her, uh,” He rubs the tip of his nose while chuckling but I could see that great sadness in his eyes as he speaks. ”I became controlling, overprotective, bossy and just. . . too much that she felt trapped.” He muffles. Uhm, I honestly could see that in his personality but. . . let me hear his side first, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter