OH NO

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What? What did I tell you?”

I stare at her delighted face as she takes another sip of the chicken noodle soup I made for the two of us. “Wow! How’d you actually learn how to make this? And for someone who NEVER cooked in his own kitchen, what is wrong with your head right now?” She asks while laughing mockingly. “I was one of the oldest kids in the orphanage before, I used to help the kitchen staffs in the kitchen, doing errands here and there. I just happen to master the chicken noodle soup they always made.” I explain while smiling. I fold my arms while staring in space.

“I remember passing them this and that so I remember the ingredients perfectly.” I add and look at her. She was smiling while nodding. “Really?” She asks. “Yup. You know why I help?” I move closer the table while chuckling. She tilts her head in response. . . like a puppy. “I like hearing their compliments. Like ‘thank you, son.’ Or ‘Good job, dear’ some more other stuffs that they say. . . it makes me feel like a real. . . good son.” I explain and mockingly laugh at my old silly self. The atmosphere grew silent as I smile.

These past few days, I’ve been failing on trying to keep my mouth shut on Jiwon.

She just. . . makes me feel. . . normal.

Does that sound weird?

I mean. . . I don’t feel like I have to be this and that when it comes to her.

I can just be myself.

No matter how imperfect I could get.

And it’s ing weird!

“And you can say those words when Hansol grows up.” Jiwon then speaks making me look at her. She really isn’t that awful at all. She’s still Grim Reaper for me but. . . somehow, not as awful-looking as I’ve always seen her. It’s probably because I’ve been living with her and I’m so used to seeing that face of hers. I stand up and pick my mug of coffee up. I put on a smug smile before moving away the seat. “You know. . .” I coo making her look up while chewing.

And I continue,

“You’re actually pretty.”

Turning my body away, I walk straight to my room while supressing the smile that’s starting to grow on my lips.

I don’t even know. . .

I don’t know why I said that. . .

Or why I don’t regret saying that at all.

Before I enter the room, I turn to her one more time and saw her grinning like a maniac.

I chuckle and shake my head. “Silly fool.” I muffle before stepping in. I close the door behind me and rest my head on it for a while. “Fine I get it. You don’t hate her so much anymore. After all, you shouldn’t because you’re gonna have a baby soon. Okay, Baekhyun? Friends. It’s good to be friends at least.” I self-talk before walking to my bed. I lay down and stare at the ceiling. “You’re actually pretty. . . what the .” I cover my mouth and start laughing to myself. “Seriously—yah!” I shout at myself and kick in the air.

But I can’t brush off the grin off my face.

Just then, my phone beeped. I take it out from my pockets and saw a message.

[Grim Reaper]

Thanks, Appa.

I press my lips together while placing my hand over my mouth. I sit up and slap my cheek. “Why does it feel so good to be called Appa—yah!” I scold myself while laughing. Standing up, I walk to the door again to go out. But just as I opened it, I hear Jiwon talking. I peek my head out, she had her phone up. “I’m really sorry, Oppa. I’m just very busy right now and—yes, I know. . . Once I get back on track, I’ll send money I promise. I’ll help you with your liquor shop when I ge—no, I’m not trying to escape my responsibilities. I’m just trying to fix something for a while, and then I’ll go back home there in the province, I promise.” I hear her speak and that’s when my lips curve down into a frown.

“What?” I speak not caring about anything anymore.

I see her flinch in surprise and turn the phone off. “You shocked me.” She stands up while hiding her phone on her pockets. “What did you just say? You’re. . . gonna go back home?” I ask while stomping my feet towards her. “I. . . I was just. . .” Her voice sounded scared and shaky. “Wow. Are you for real??” I shout in anger. I don’t know why I’m so angry right now. The thought of her leaving—and I’m pretty sure with Hansol at that time—irritates the out of me. “Baekhyun, I can explain.” Jiwon tried holding me on the arm. “Wait—don’t touch me. What are you ing up to then??” I yell making her flinch. “What. Lure me into this, make me do my responsibilities as a father. . . worse. . . what’s worse huh? M-make me feel something that I shouldn’t feel and then what? Leave? Are you ing insane?” I grunt and I could feel the warmth on my face already, and it’s not a good kind of warmth.

“Feel what?” She asks in confusion. “Like. . . L-like, I don’t know! Fall for—I don’t ing know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter