Fight The Urge

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“As you guys know, Miss Jisoo here is leaving tomorrow officially. So I’ve decided to open the position for my assistant.”

I glance to my left where Jiwon and Jisoo were standing beside each other. “And this thing here will be our first interviewee that I—ouch.” I flinch when I suddenly got a slap from Jiwon right on my back. Could you believe this woman? “Yah, thing?” She asks while glaring. Then turning to the employees, her frown is immediately replaced by a sweet smile. So bipolar. “Hi~ remember me? I’m the lady who visited the other time? You know, the one your boss apparently threw out of his office?” She introduces. “Omo, you’re a lady? Why wasn’t I informed?” I ask back which made her frown yet again. “Baekhyun.” Jisoo cuts us off before we could even get into a more serious argument.

I fix the sleeves of my button-down shirt before speaking, “Anyway, nothing is final yet. Like I mentioned, we’re going to interview this—“Lady. . .” Jiwon nudged me on the side but I just step away from her. “This creature here.” I grunt while giving her a side-glare. “And if she doesn’t pass then we’re going on to searching for my assistant, you guys will help in the recruitment and if we fail, one of you will take the position. I will hand-pick you.” I managed to finish my sentence and to my great disappointment, they all showed horrified faces especially the male ones although they tried to hide it from me, obviously. “Oh my god, no one likes you here.” Jiwon openly laughs and I see Jisoo chuckling along beside her.

I look away and clear my throat.

“And no one asked for your opinion.” I briefly answer back before walking off to my office first. As I’ve expected, the two followed me in and so I just walked straight to my table. Jisoo lead Jiwon to sit on the chairs across me while she sits on the other. “Did you bring everything I told you to bring?” I ask and opened my laptop. “You know, if you really want to give me a job you won’t care about the qualification stuffs anym—“I don’t do special treatment. Be contented I even gave you a shot.” I cut her off. “Fine fine fine.” She jeers back while taking out some envelopes and folders from her bag. “Since you didn’t go to college, I need to at least see your failing grades back in high school and your resume.” I said and watched her push the envelopes slowly to my direction.

I give her a sneer before taking it.

“What, are you getting embarrassed now? Don’t worry, I won’t judge.” I scorn while opening it. She just gave me that same fulsome look while folding her arms. “Moment of truth.” She chuckles while winking. I just roll my eyes in response before taking her transcript out and look down into it.

Holy .

“Wait, you went to Kyunggi High School too?” I ask with my very surprised expression, for sure. The moment my eyes fell to the name of her high school, I feel dumbfounded from head to toes. That’s my school. “Hi there, Sunbae~” She waves a hand as if she has expected me to react that way. “You’re ahead of me, but I know you. Ooh~ look who’s surprised.” She begins teasing and I could see Jisoo laughing while clapping her hands. “W-what?” I ask and looked down to her transcript again. “Aigoo~ I still remember about nine years ago. Hello, Byun Baekhyun Sunbaenim from 12th grade Class 3-C. My name is Kim Jiwon from 10th Grade Class 1-A. I want to confess~ I made a letter for you—and then you told me to get lost before walking away without even looking at me.” She spoke dreamily before turning her voice back into a disgruntled tone by the end of it. “Oh my god." Jisoo reacts with her very amazed expression.

And I just stare at this woman in front of me still with a stiff face.

I cannot believe this.

I’ve met her before?

I squint my eyes trying to remember that one moment. . .

Oh. . .

Staring down at the piece of paper I am holding, I walk back into the gates of my school with tears forming in my eyes.

For the very first time. . . I saw my biological mother. Sister Jaeha and the other nuns have been helping me find my mother for years and they finally found her whereabouts through connections. They gave me the address and it lead me to a Wedding and Event agency. And the feeling it gave my heart, the moment I saw her across me inside that agency. . . just a glass wall as our barrier. . .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter