OH SNAP

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Okay, so uh. . . They were just fine earlier, right? 

"What I am trying to say is that this event is for my fellow fashion geeks, they would love if there's going to be a convention right after a wonderful fashion show. Don't call me money-hungry, that's not my point here." Hara sternly explains her side. We're all sitting in the long table together with the other coordinates and just like I, they were all silent. "Fashion shows are professionally executed, if there's going to be some cheap convention waiting outside, we would have to let every single type of person in, not only the people who are involved and are really into the business, you should know that Miss Park." Kyungsoo argues back. "Just because everyone is allowed in doesn't mean it's going to be a cheap program." Hara answers back.  

 

Okay, it's fun narrating and not having to actually react on this.  

I mean. . . who the needs my reaction when you can freely watch a boxing match here you guys?! 

"Clearly, you were the one who suggested this 'big thing' convention, how about us, your coordinates, your team? Isn't what the team wants to happen important too? Won't you even consider it?" Kyungsoo hisses. Hara lets out that mocking laugh while folding her arms. "What the team wants to happen or what YOU want to happen? It's always about what YOU want to happen anyway, right?" She grunts.  

And that's when I stepped in,  

 

"Okay, uhm. . . I think this is getting personal, let's all sit and calm down first." I professionally speak, giving my meek nod to the other people around who seemed to have been invisible to the two idiots for the past thirty minutes. "He's right. Let's not get too sensitive here, this show is supposed to be special, it's also part of the anniversary celebration of the modeling agency." One guy who looks like he's going to run for president adds. "Okay, let me just. . . okay, Kyungsoo, I understand that you're going for the traditional and professional way while Hara ssi, you're trying to make this event mass-friendly, I understand that as well. . . so uhm, we all know that the number of people getting into the fashion industry is growing and I believe social media has something to do with it, let's admit. Professional or not, people are trying to get into the business in their own ways, there's Youtube, Instagram and Fashion Bloggers are also big these days." I begin with a simple intro of my point here.  

 

Hara suddenly raised her hand,  

"That is exactly my point, Mr. Byun is obviously on my side." 

I shake my head and put a hand up. "Let's not get into the 'sides' first and think about the program more. How about. . . let this wonderful program raise funds for like. . . an orphanage or something, in return of what we're going to earn from this convention, this way, it's not going to seem like a money-making strategy from our part. I can proudly say I came from an orphanage and I'm telling you guys, it would mean a lot to the children. And besides, people are going to get more hooked knowing that they're spending for the children, right?" I ask with my kindest smile ever, meh. "Right Kyungsoo? Right, Hara? I mean who doesn't love kids?" I ask, my fatherly instincts are activated. "Tch. I believe she hates kids." Kyungsoo suddenly points at Hara.  

 

"Can you just NOT bring personal things up? And I don't hate kids, for your information. You're so bitter. This is business, we're just business colleagues." Hara argues back. I see how Kyungsoo's face darkens at what she said. He shakes his head and as I have expected, he stood up and walked away. "Yah–just a second. I'm sorry for all this trouble. Hara ssi, could you please give us a minute? We're just a bit tired from all the other events we had to arrange these past couple weeks." I try to white lie before walking away to follow Kyungsoo.  

I spot him right on the parking lot, in front of his car, drinking on a bottle of water.  

 

"Hey, dude." I call making him turn. "I apologize about the scene we've caused." He meekly says while looking away. "That's okay. . . I know this is partly my fault. No, actually, this is really my fault for putting you into this, after you have declined. But man, you were just fine earlier. I thought it's gonna go well." I respond and lean on the car beside him. "I just. . . I lost it. Seeing her acting all. . . fine, all sophisticated like she is right now, acting like we can be friends after everything. . . I don't even know how I feel about it." He mutters while shaking his head. "She's probably just trying to act as professional as possible. Do it too, make it civil, no hard feelings. All business." I suggest making him chuckle while shaking his head once again. "Our divorce was not too long ago and I'm not that heartless to just forget almost fourteen years and act like it's just business. Worse, it was my birthday yesterday." He grunts.  

"Uhm. . . your birthday is pretty much irrelevant from the issue but okay, go on." I muffle making him glare at me. "Oh and also, Happy Birthday then. I didn't know that." I add. He sighs before speaking, "It's my first birthday–"Oh my god, I knew it, you just e. I should have seen the signs." I cut him off. He aims his hand to hit me so I put my hands up in defense. "As I was saying, it's my first birthday without her. We divorced a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter