Unconsciously

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Today, Jisoo will officially leave. I am sad but one thing diverted my anticipation to this day into excitement.

It will be my first time in an OB-Gyne’s clinic because today is Grim Reaper’s week-seven appointment.

I mean how cool is that? That’s why I’m excited. I’ve always been fascinated by doctors and if I’d want to marry in the future, I think it’ll be interesting to marry a doctor. But the thing is, I WON’T EVER GET MARRIED because I don’t have any plans to.

Back to what’s happening first, I stand by the door of the office as Jisoo packs her things up on her table into a big brown box. “When you leave for the States, I can drop you and Joshua off if you want.” I speak making my friend turn to me with a smile. “That’ll be nice. Sure, thanks. I’ll tell him.” She agrees while giving me a thumbs up. I lean my head on the door frame and sigh. “There won’t be anyone to defend me anymore when our employees would talk about my ual preference behind my back.” I speak earning a laugh from Jisoo. She closes the box before walking towards me. “Yah~ you have your wife—“Seo Jisoo, say that one more time I won’t really let you leave anymore.” I warn putting my index finger up.

She’s been calling that Grim Reaper my wife ever since I accepted her in the job.

She only smiled before tip-toeing to wrap her arms around my neck. I immediately hug her back on the waist and placed my chin on her shoulder. “If you’re having seconds thoughts tell me now. Let’s run away.” I joke making her cut the hug while side-glaring at me. “Ooh~ you’re really unrequitedly in love with me aren’t you? ~” She teases. “Oh yes, I always go out with you on dates in my dreams. Wet dreams.” I answer back and the two of us high-fived. “No, really. What if I just say I’m in love with you and I’ll steal you away from Joshua. Would you stay? I don’t really know if I’ll be able to take that woman as my assistant.” I ask and completely got into the office and close the door behind me.

“If you weren’t sure, you wouldn’t accept her. I know you.” She answers back with a snigger. We both walk to the couch at one corner and sat. “Why do you always say that.” I hiss while scratching the back of my neck. “Because I know you.” Jisoo only repeated. Then she put a hand on top of mine that was placed on my lap. “Do this one favor for me.” She said. “Unless it’s ‘shut the hell up and just let things happen’ sure, I’ll do it.” I answer and she rolled her eyes while scoffing. “No, really what is it.” I ask in between laughs. She then looked straight at me and tapped my cheek. “Be happy.” She lets out those two short words and yet I felt like they were millions. “I’m happy.” I fake a smile while chuckling. I immediately look away while shaking my head.

“That’s a silly favor, I thought it’s something serious like a secret treasure you want me to take care of while you’re away.” I try to joke just to divert her attention. I know her, she might arrive at the topic of ‘finding someone to be with in life’ later on if I don’t cut her off. “What I mean by be happy first of all. . .” Jisoo spoke in a solemn way. “Introduce yourself to your mother.” She finishes her sentence and that’s when I stood up while chuckling. “Don’t get into that again.” I grunt and walk back to the door. “Do you need me to drive you home or Joshua’s gonna pick you up?” I ask as I open the door.

She looked at me with those sad and sympathetic eyes of hers.

The kind of eyes, whose ever they are, that I will never dare accept.

I don’t need sympathy, I’m fine all by myself.

“Baekhyun. . .” She calls out. I stop just before I could go out. “Why not when you already have all of these? Didn’t you want this to show her you’re all fine, to show her that you’re successful by your own? Isn’t that what you wanted? Then why aren’t you approaching her? Tell me bec—“because I can’t. I realized I can’t. That’s it.” I answer before looking back at her. “Thank you for working for me for all these years, you’ve been a great help and asset to Justly Yours. Good luck.” I finish the conversation off with that before going out. Just as I was about to go to my office, I see Jiwon there chatting with my employees.

“What are you doing here. The appointment is still in two hours.” I ask making her stand up and skip to me. “So that you won’t have to drive all the way back home to pick—“Ssh. . .” I muffle back at her. The employees aren’t aware of our situation right now besides her being pregnant. They also don’t know yet that I really am the father. It’s a personal thing so I don’t see anything wrong with keeping that to us. I glance at my employees who were smiling at us so I drag Jiwon to my office. I close the door behind me while she walks straight to the couch. “Don’t ever reveal that you are temporarily living in my house. Is everything clear?” I ask.

She flops down the couch and looks at me with a pout.

“So we go home separately then? It’s okay, I’ll just take the bus.” She agrees. “No that’s a waste of money. Of course we’ll go home together.” I answer making her snap a finger. “How are you supposed to explain to them why you would drive me home every single day if we aren’t anything?” She asks. “Because you’re pregnant?” I unsurely say and walk to my office table. “And a boss isn’t really responsible for his or her pregnant employee in terms of going home. Why don’t we just tell them that you’re indeed the father and that we li—“NO. That’s my personal thing and they don’t know anything about my personal thing and they won’t ever know anything about my personal thing. Clear?” I cut her off.

“And so YES, that means I’ll just take the bus.” She answers while giving me a firm nod. “Bus is bumpy and makes you dizzy.” I retort back as I sit down my chair. “Since when did you care about me?” She asks while laughing. “I don’t care about you, I care about the baby.” I defend right away. Opening my laptop, I started working as if she didn’t exist. “So I start on Monday right? What does Jisoo usually do? Coffee? Taking calls and appointments on behalf of you, stuffs like that?” She speaks again and I just give a curt nod while typing. “And Jisoo is a very good asset of this business because she has a lot of connections too and she’s very sociable. She comes along with me to conferences, parties and other events. She was, you can say, the muse of this agency.” I explain casually.

“Ooh~ so I’m the mus—“Don’t even think about it.” I cut her off immediately and look at her direction. She pouts in response while side-glaring. “So grumpy. I’m just saying if I replaced her, it means I’ll also do those jobs she did as THE MUSE of this agency.” She grunts back with a sulky expression. “It’s different with you, you stay here in the office more and do indoor tasks. Weren’t you finding a less-stressful job? And you want to do the job

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter