Realize

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Uhm. . . the thing is, y-yeah it’s kind of like that. Yeah. . .”

I do not know how to actually explain all of these.

I don’t even know why I seem to be in a hot seat right now.

“B-but you guys! Why didn’t you even tell me it was her birthday then?” I try to point the fault out to them instead. “That’s okay, I told them not to tell you.” Jiwon taps me from behind. “And why?” I ask back turning my head to her. “I know you won’t care.” She only mutters before pushing the plate of pizza on my chest. I grab it while watching her walk off to the others. “Wha—that was before, probably.” I muffle while pouting.

She’s so unfair.

“Well. . . going back to it, I believe I don’t need to explain myself. She’s pregnant, I’m the father and that’s about it.” I say before walking into my office, letting them celebrate themselves. I place the plate of pizza on my table before flopping down my chair. “ this, I should do something special later.” I muffle before opening my desktop. What would she even like? What would she want to do? To eat? Or to receive as a gift? I at these kinds of things.

So I open a browser and typed in,

‘Gift birthday celebration ideas for her’

And a ton of BIRTHDAY AND GIFT IDEAS FOR GIRLFRIEND OR WIFE came out. “Well, let’s stick to that.” I muffle before clicking one. “Romantic dinn—no no no, she’s not that kind of girl.” I shake my head before scrolling down more. “Go hikin—no no no, I’m not the hiking type.” I cross the next idea out cause , I’m not gunna go hiking alright. “Cook for her a dish that she likes. . . Ugh, she’s just criticize my cooking and besides I only know how to cook porridge.” I, again, did not agree to such idea. Then I go to the next birthday idea,

“A romantic evening together. . . and you know what I mean?”

I read it out loud while raising an eyebrow. “I know what you mean? Nope, not a single idea bro.” I muffle as if talking to the author of this article. “Movie night. Hmm. . . that seems acceptable, eh?” I ask myself while rubbing my chin. I click on that certain idea plan. “So what kind of movies do they like? Girls usually love Chick f—AH CHICK FLICKS!” I almost jumped on my chair in surprise when the door swung open. It was Kim Jiwon. “Yah! You could have knocked?” I grunt as she strides to my table. “What are going to do? They’re asking if we’re together now? Like they’re wondering since we’re having a baby and you’re actions earlier seem like it according to them?” She asks with a worried tone. I raise an eyebrow and lean on my chair while twirling from side to side.

“Then tell them yes.”

“W-what?” She asks, I could see her cheeks turning pink. “What kind of movie do you want to watch later tonight?” I change the topic right away, with my most charming smile ever. That made everything worse, I see her eyes dilating in surprise. Chick flick? Nah, I call that Baek flick. I just flicked her heart out just now. “Horror movies.” She answers which made me frown. “Wait—what? No, cross that out, I want to have a good night sleep tonight, okay.” I shake my head.

“You asked me, I answered. Ugh, you’re not helping.” She groans before turning around to walk away. “What’s so wrong about telling them we’re together?” I ask making her stop. “Because we’re not?” She answers, not turning around. “No, because you’re being a hard-to-get right now.” I correct her. She finally turns around with her hands on her waist. Her baby bump is so cute, I swear to God. “By the way, I’m coming with you to the next check up, just tell me earlier so I could clear my schedule that day.” I add.

“And also. . .” I stand up and make my way towards her. “We are watching Chick Flicks.” I softly say. Gosh, she will love me for this. To my surprise, she showed me a disgusted face. “Eaw, no. Watch it yourself.” She turns around groaning before going out. “Y—Yah! It wasn’t my idea. Wha—you!” I turn around and point at my computer. I stomp my way back to my table and sat down. “Why is she so different from any other girl? I don’t even know how to please a typical girl, what more if it’s her?” I self-talk while rubbing my face.

Just then, an imaginary light bulb appeared in front of me.

I shot up from my seat and dashed out of my office.

They were still eating and somewhat “celebrating” but I just let them be. I continue walking until Jiwon spotted me when I passed by her. “Where are you going?” She asks while chewing, she was eating a slice of cake on a small paper plate. I grab the fork from her and took a small piece for me before eating it. “Work on my workload for me, Miss Secretary. I’m going to the gym.” I say and she only raised her eyebrow. “You’re going to prepare a birthday surprise for me.” She tells, not even asking it??

I clear my throat as I blink uncontrollably.

“N-no. You wish.” I grunt before walking out.

, why is she so good in guessing?

Or am I just that obvious?

Ugh, Byun Baekhyun!

 

_ _ _

“A pinch of salt. . . why is there salt? Wouldn’t it be salty? It’s a cake, man!”

I groan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter