Unnecessary Concerns

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“This is your house?”

Jiwon leads me to a very small space, there's a bunk bed on the corner which has all of her stuff on the upper portion of it. On the other corner is a small desk with a mini-refrigerator beside it. This place is so small. “Well this isn’t technically a house, it was just a big stock room of the club and I rented it. It’s the cheapest price I came across with.” She answers and tosses her bag on the upper bunch bed.

“You share with someone?” I ask while pointing at the bunk bed.

“Nope, I just place my things up there. There’s no space for a closet.”

“Well, thank you for driving me here. It’s very late already, you can leave.” She walks to the door and opened it. “Are you safe in here? Your front door is completely opened to this street.” I glanced outside, feeling uncomfortable of leaving her in this kind of place. There’s not even a gate there. How is this a house?

It really doesn’t seem like a house nor a room at all. It’s not built to be lived in by a person.

“That’s why I have four locks, see?” Jiwon points at her door while winking. “Where do you even wash up here?” I ask still hesitant to leave because of the sight I am having right now. “The door right beside me leads to another stock room which is connected to the kitchen of the club, there are bathrooms there which are used by the staff.” She answers.

I am speechless, I have never seen a person living in such a state before. “Why are you—ugh.” I look away while scratching my head. This is unbelievable. She’s living here and she’s pregnant? “Why are you settling for this? You can barely fit in here.” I’m able to finish my sentence this time.

“Well, I have to save up, you know. My brothers don’t work back in the province, my mother, well, my mother is kind of—uh . . all I’m trying to say is that I have a lot to pay. Debts and their needs, okay? My mom will kill me if she finds out I’m preg—"

“You didn’t tell them yet?” I cut her off with a hiss. “I can’t. They’ll force me to abort it.” Jiwon answers right away. Abort it? What the ? “Huh? Why would they? That’s crazy. I mean ... it's not up to them. It's your body, it's your baby. So it should be your choice, why'd you care about what they would say?” I walk to the bunk bed and lean on it. “Because it’s a waste of money. Or at least that’s what they’re going to tell me. I can’t even maintain a stable income to give them and now another life—"

“So you have brothers? Older, younger?” I asked again.

This woman has some real ty problems too, huh?

“Older,” Jiwon answers casually. She glances at the wall clock making me do the same, it’s almost three already. “Yah, aren’t you tired yet? I said I’m fine here, you can leave now.” She adds.

I just roll my eyes before speaking again, “I don’t understand. Why are you doing all of this for them? They’re older than you, so why are—"

“I said I have a lot of debt to pay, right? You want me to tell you everything? Fine. My mom is not really my mom. She was dating my father when he died leaving me to her. She raised me and when I grew up she told me to pay everything she worked for just to keep me alive, like a debt, gratitude for a nicer term. And my brothers are all drunkards, okay? But they’re the only family I have so back off.” She tells me her whole story in one go.

She is insane, I knew it.

That’s so martyr of her, it’s not even a turn-on, to be honest.

That’s being stupid.

“Alright, you are one dangerous woman. I don’t know if I can really trust you. Your family background is too complicated. I will tell you this only once.” I walk up to her. “Give me actual proof that I am the father of the child you’re carrying and I will help you out,” I say with my arms folded. She rolls her eyes before looking straight at me. “You’re no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter