Connection

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Why is it so hard for you to understand my instructions?!"

Somehow, I'm slowly going back to my old ways for the past few weeks because of all the bad feedbacks we're getting in some events and weddings we organized. It jst frustrates me every single time that I read such feedback. I mean, I know I can never avoid that. I cannot please everyone, but I want to! "S-sir, there were about 50 feedbacks for the past year and some of them are a long time ago, Mr. Ho suggests that it isn't a good idea to respond to them one by one cause it might just cause a more--"Is Mr. Ho your boss now? The things they're saying are all misunderstandings, we have the right to explain our sides don't we? Just do as I say. Those tards are ruining our reputation in social medias, and plus we don't event know if those are real people or just our competition. So aside from responding, try to figure out who these people are as well." I grunt back before slamming a folder onto my table. 

"Y-yes, sir."

I watch my intern leave the office and with my heavy chest, I grabbed my phone. 

Jiwon has texted me three times asking me how I am. 

I know she's bored at home but does she really expect me to tell her my agency's all ed up right now because of these feedbacks resurfacing? I heave a sigh before pressing the call button. I stand up and walk to the window  as I wait for her to answer. I need some fresh air. It's been two weeks since we started dealing with this conflict, we're losing clients. I'm not even exaggerating stuffs, everyone who's inquiring to us are asking about the feedbacks. Most of them aren't even true! "Hello?" My girlfriend's voice interrupted my thoughts and somehow, I was calmed down a bit. "Hey. . . what's up?" I ask and shoved the curtain to the side so I could look out. "I'm just laying on bed, watching a TV show. Hansol's been kicking for a few times now." She mutters which made me smile. "Anyway, how's work? You didn't reply to my texts." She asks and I could only take a deep breath. "What's wrong?" She asks, ugh can't I breathe without her finding out there's something wrong? "Nothing's wrong. I'm just tired." I lie even giving out a chuckle to to assure her. "Is the intern giving you a hard time? You know I can still work, having an intern as a secretary requires patience. I'm sure he's having a hard time following ahead to the paper works I've left." She suggests and I only shook my head as if she could see me. "No, he's okay. Just a little clumsy but he's learn eventually. And no, just relax there at home babe. Don't tire yourself out." I decline for the nth time. 

"Ugh fine. . ."

As I look outside, I notice a figure in one alley across my agency's building. Actually, three figures, two male in front of a female one. "The ." I mutter as I realize that they seem to be cornering the girl. I didn't know what came to me but I rushed out of my office just to go outside. "Babe, I'll call you back later okay? Bye love you." I end the call right away as I walk out. "Jonghyun, I'll be out for a break." I tell my intern as I walk pass him. Once I was out, I look at Elique's building first before crossing the street to go to that alley. And as I come closer and closer, I realize they're middle school students. Worse, the female kid seems so familiar. "Hey hey hey." I call out right away as I walk towards them. "The hell are you doing?!" I grunt and the two boys threw out something on the ground before running away as quickly as possible, the female on the other hand stayed on the corner with fear. "Douchebags." I muffle as I watch the two boys run for their lives as if they weren't acting so tough earlier. Then I look at the girl. 

I knew it, it's my birth mother's daughter. 

Ugh, seriously? 

I've been turning into a softy to kids these days, probably because I'll have one soon. 

But of all the kids I could randomly protect? 

"Uhm. . . you okay?" I awkwardly ask as I awkwardly walk towards her. Did I just say 'awkwardly' twice? She timidly nodded before slowly scooting down to pick up her bag and wallet on the floor, then a few bills scattered everywhere. "Were they trying to get money from you?" I ask. She puts her money and wallet into her bag before hugging it to her chest. She seems. . . very quiet and shy. "Well. . . isn't your mom there?" I ask and awkwardly, yet again, pointing at the building right beside us. "I'm. . . I'm waiting for her, she's not there yet." She answers while keeping her head down. Oh my god, she looks like me. Oh my god, it's not even funny. "A-ahjusshi, how'd you know my mom and that I'm her daughter?" She suddenly asks which caught me off-guard for a while. "Well. . . I'm the owner of Justly Yours, right there." I point at my agency. "Oh. . ." She muffles while nodding. "Anyway. . . you should learn how to fight for yourself so that thing won't happen to you again. Y-you must be. . . spoiled, that's why." I mutter, not being able to help showing a tinge of jealousy right there. Ugh. 

"No, ahjusshi. I'm not spoiled. . . I'm just scared, sorry. . ."

"Well, everyone gets scared, kid. See those boys who're trying to ger your money earlier. I haven't even said anything yet and they ran so quickly."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter