Take the Chance

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Carefully making my way to our bedroom, I hold the bouquet of flowers with one hand and the bag containing the teokkbokki with the other. I see Jiwon’s back figure facing me, she was on her phone was standing just by the bed. Before coming here, I actually checked Hansol in his crib. The baby’s sleeping so it’s just perfect. “Ooh, someone’s all fresh and clean.” I finally speak up just as I arrived right behind her. She has a towel wrapped around her head. She flinched at my voice and quickly turned to face me. “You scared the crap out of me—oh. . .” She noticed the flowers and the black bag on my hands before she could finish her sentence and most likely hit me out of irritation. “Here’s flowers for my lovely bride-to-be and. . . teokkbokki~” I chant as I put the black bag up while handing over the flowers to her.

“Babe. . . what’s the occasion?” She asks but her expression was full of bliss as she stares down the flowers. “Do I need an occasion to give my woman gifts? I do what I want, you’re not my mom.” I grunt as a joke making her pout while holding her smile at the same time.  “Uhh~ I could already smell it, give me.” She snatches the black bag right away walking out of the room. I follow behind. “Oh wow, no thank you? Or say something like, I have the best man in the world?” I ask with a scoff. “Oh oh~ right.” She makes a quick U-turn and tiptoes to kiss me on the lips. “Thank you, Baekhyun.” She hushes before skipping to the dining table real quick.

That just made me chuckle.

She’s so adorable.

Who would think she’s a mom?

“You could have said the latter, I’d like that better.” I joke as I grab the chair just beside her. “Aigoo, you look very tired.” I her hair as I watch her open the container. “I’m okay, I’m not that tired, just kind of sleepy. I’ll be fine though.” She answers before taking her first bite on a piece of rice cake. “It’s so good, so spicy.” She looks up while chewing in delight. She was about to take another piece when Hansol begins crying. I was fast enough to stand up beside she could. “I got it, just eat.” I ruffle her hair before walking to the baby room. “Oh~ Appa’s here.” I coo right away as soon as I got in. I rush to the crib and lifted him up to my arms. “Yea yea, weeeh~ I know sweetie, your Appa is too handsome but you don’t have to be jealous, you’re handsome too—aww, I know I know stop crying, you got my face, don’t worry.” I coo while rocking him gently. I check the time on my watch, well he should have already been fed by now so it can’t be hunger. I pat his bum trying to check. “Nope, it’s not.” I muffle while patting his back.

But fortunately, he slowly calmed down in a bit.

And eventually falling back to sleep.

As careful as I can be, I put him back to the crib before quietly making my way out of the room.

“He okay?” Jiwon asks while chewing. “Yeah, I put him back to sleep—oh, wow you’re almost done with that.” I chuckle as I saw the almost empty container. “I haven’t had lunch and dinner so. . .” She muffles out of embarrassment. “Aw, honey. See, this is why I want someone to help you. Even if I want to, I need to work.” I say as I take a seat again. “Okay, about that. Just give me more time, I can’t just trust anyone when it’s about Hansol, not now. Okay?” She asks and gave me the last piece of teokkbokki. I look at her in defeat while chewing. “Anyway, how’s our wedding prep? Have you started it?” She changed the topic right away. “Yeah, I designated it to one of our coordinator, she’s gunna take care of it and she’ll just come to me for the important details. Probably by next week, you can start looking for a dress.” I explain.

“Just pick for me, I don’t really know how to do that. It doesn’t matter what I wear.” She answers. Ugh, I just do not believe that sentence. “Kim Jiwon, I am positive you have that particular dress that you can imagine yourself wearing while walking down the aisle, and I want you to be the one who picks it. Okay?” I suggest and wipe some sauce from the side of her lips with my thumb. “Can you come with me?” She asks with a pout. “You know that’s not gunna happen right? I’m the groom.” I answer while chuckling. “It’s not like I have any friends or family who can come with me.” She murmurs, looking away to avoid eye-contact.

I take in a deep breath.

I think I just hit such a sensitive topic for a bride-to-be.

“You’ll be fine, don’t worry.” I move close and place a lingering kiss on her forehead. She finally looks back; my hand settles down her cheek. “You’re so pretty.” I hush making her chuckle while shaking her head. “God, what did I ever do in my past life to deserve you.” I add before pressing my lips against hers. It lasted for couple of seconds before I move my lips down to her jawline. “H-hey. . . I think I’m too tired for this.” She murmurs. I stopped before I could even reach her neck. “Don’t worry about Hansol, we’re. . . we’re gunna make it quick, hm?” I whisper while sensually kissing her cheek, moving it down to her hand that I was holding. “Baekhyun. . . I just don’t feel like it. Let’s do it some other time.” She still rejects while chuckling.

“Fine, fine. . .” I put both my hands up as if I’m surrendering. “Sorry, next time I promise. Okay?” She pats my cheek before standing up. “I’ll put these flowers on a vase, they’re so pretty.” She smiles before taking the bouquet into the kitchen.

Plan A aka GIFTS: FAIL

Now on to my next plan. If I can’t seduce her with material things, I’ll seduce her with my body.

Oh god, that just sounded disgustingly inappropriate in every way.

Alright, there’s gunna be some Magic Mike XXL happenings here ya’ll.

Ugh, my life.

“I’ll just take a shower.” I briefly state before walking my way back to our bedroom. “Okay uh. . . how.” I muffle while staring in space. I remove my shirt real quick. “Uhm. . .” I look around trying to look for a way to look y somehow. I rush to the bathroom and turned the faucet on to sprinkle some water all over my chest, just to make it damp. I check myself on the mirror, my eyes moving down to my abdomen. “Where the hell is my abs.” I muffle while looking around.

I cannot believe I just looked around trying to find my abs.

Okay, this is insane.

“I swear I just had it last week. . .” I muffle as I walk out of the bathroom again. I grab my towel from the hook by the bathroom door before walking out. I slung the towel over my shoulder as I walk to the glass windows by the balcony. I put my arm up over it, making such model-like pose. “It’s so hot, isn’t it?” I ask while wiping my non-existent sweat. Jiwon came out holding the vase of flowers. Okay, actually this is a bad idea, I’m freezing. “Uhm, it’s like sixteen degrees, it isn’t so bad. It’s actually chilly if you’d ask me.” She answers while putting the vase at the center of the table. “I thought you’re taking a shower?” She asks. This time, I turn around and lean my back on the glass window.

OH HOLY , THAT GLASS IS ING COLD, IT ACTUALLY HURTS.

I lean away quickly while looking around in embarrassment.

“I-I just. . . try to stretch before taking a shower.” I stretch my arms while flexing as much as I could. “Why?” She asks. She walks over to the couc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter