Unnecessary Chills

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I went home early today, there were no much clients.

Besides, I’m really not in the mood to really go around as well. I just want to stay home. Honestly, I haven’t gone over yesterday when I had an interaction with Jeongja, or should I say my mother. Ever since we met, we’ve only bee interacting thrice including this most recent one.

All of them aren’t very good interactions because of course, we’re rivals.

But in those three chances, I didn’t grab even one to actually introduce myself. Introduce myself not just the owner of Justly Yours but as the baby whom she left at the orphanage. I never knew who I really was, the only thing that the nuns whom I considered as family knew about me that time was that I was left there. Not even a single information or note.

Just a baby on a carrier, wrapped in a thick blanket on one summer night.

In front of the gates of that very orphanage.

Very cliché, right? Well that’s just life, as cliché as it always was and always will be.

How did I find her? When I was a teenager, the nuns who took care of me finally had her information and whereabouts through connections. They all did that for me to reunite with her.

But instead, I used those information to stay behind and watch her from afar. 

I dont't have the strength to go back to someone who threw me away.

Going back to what matters, so like I said, I just got home. I open the front door and I immediately smelled a savory scent, yet again. Okay, this woman needs to stop with this cooking. I’m not even asking for her to cook, who does she think she is to me? My wife? Ugh, it gives me chills just by thinking about it. I never plan to get married to be really honest.

Why? Who the ends up good in marriage anyway?

Two persons being so lovesick on the first few months up to a year and afterwards, they’d be lashing out on each other as if they never vowed in front of the altar.

That’s not being bitter, that’s being real.

With my hands on my waist, I take my steps heavily towards the living room making that woman turn her head to me. She was leisurely lying down my couch while having a book up to her face. “You seem very comfortable.” I tell sarcastically while looking straight at her. She sits up and gives me back that mocking smile. “Good evening to you too. I’ll heat up the food for you.” She closed the book and palced it down the table before rushing tp the kitchen. I read the book’s title, “How Not to Regret Parenting.” I grunt outloud before turning to her. “Oh how nice. I wish you’d also buy a book entitled ‘How to Regret Having with Me.’ So you’ll just run away on your free will.” I add before follow her to the dining area. She just squinted her eyes while staring back at me. “Don’t worry, I researched and found out we can have a DNA test as early as fourteen weeks. Are you willing to pay? It’s pricey. I mean I am a hundred percent sure that this is yours because like I told you, you got my ity and no other man besides you got this y body of mine. It’s just for your peace of mind Mr. I-hate-my-life-I-wanna-die-alone-because-I’m-boring.” She answers back.

My face hardened at what she just called me.

Is that even appropriate to call someone?

“Excuse me, I’m not boring.” I defend myself and fold my arms. “Oh yeah, you don’t even have utensils good for four people. Everything in this house is only for you. I had to buy a few more stuffs just so this kitchen would actually look like a kitchen.” She argues back. “Well try to use your head and think why would I even need utensils good for four people when I used to live all alone until your annoying aura came into my office and made my life a living hell.” I grunt before turning around to walk. "I made Tofu Stew and Bulgogi.” She tells which made me go U-turn in a flash and sit down the table.

“I will eat because I’m hungry not because I like your cooking. Where is it.” I said and tapped the table. “Oh no, don’t bother. I made your life a living hell, might as well eat it alone.” She said and stormed back into the kitchen. “Look at this woman—yah!” I yell and peeked at the entrance of the kitchen. I see her getting two bowls filled with rice. “Tch. Acting so tough, you can’t even say no to me.” I muffle and lean on the chair comfortable. “Yah, you like me that much? At least act a bit tougher and not be obvious.” I mock while laughing.

She came out with a big frown and harshly placed the bowl of rice in front of me.

And all of a sudden I feel a painful pang on the back of my head.

SHE JUST SLAPPED ME RIGHT ON THE HEAD.

“What—YAH!” I stand up and had the urge to hit her back when she looked up with her intense pair of eyes. “You have the guts? Sure, hit me back it’s like hitting your own baby.” She said before walking back to the kitchen. “Hmm—you—aish!!” I shake the chair back and forth just to release my anger at her. But that was until she started placing nice-looking dishes on the table. I gulp hard while my lips. “if you want to keep eating these kinds of food, at least leave a few bills to me so I could buy. What do you want to eat next.” She asks coldly, her every move is still harsh and heavy but as if I care.

I sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter