Ladylike Appa

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After our visit in the clinic, I took the initiative to at least drive Jiwon home before going back to work.

I can just tell her to start her work today but for some reasons, I can’t seem to.

And besides. . . after telling me those words back in the lab, she didn’t talk to me anymore.

As soon as we arrived in my house, she walked straight into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. “Fine, I get it. You got upset of me for pushing through the DNA test. But you can’t just act like that.” I burst not being able to take the tension anymore. She briefly looks at me before walking to the living room, just passing by as if I didn’t exist. “Like what.” She asks before sitting down the couch. And by some means, I couldn’t answer her back. Yeah, she’s right. Like what?—I don’t even know. And what’s supposed to be the problem about her being quiet anyway? It’s a benefit for me, I’m supposed to feel relieved that I won’t have to talk to her.

But still. . .

She can’t just do that—I mean we still live under the same roof at the moment.

And such atmosphere doesn’t feel pleasant at all.

I know I’m making a point, don’t even argue.

“Like. . . like that.” I uncertainly mutter while clearing my throat. She curtly turns her head to me again still with that unreadable face of hers. “Not that I care if you ignore me but putting on a sour face like that as if I’m the worst person on earth. I hope you understand that I was just being sure, I still don’t know you after all.” I finally managed to explain myself. Finally, fair enough, her facial expression softened up after what I said. “I’m not being sour about the DNA test.” She murmurs while rubbing her palms on her thighs. “Then what about? N-not that I care.” I defend right away before sitting on the edge of the couch for a while.

She looks down and started fiddling with her hands like a scared student. “All this time. . . believe me or not. . . it was never easy for me to involve you in everything, to ask for money and help, to follow you around like some stalker. Every time I ask for something. . . and you show such displeased face, sometimes I just want to give up and be selfish towards this child. And by selfish I mean, not letting this child have you. Baekhyun, I grew up working to survive. I even told you, right? And I know words aren’t enough for you to know me well but everything I said in the lab are true. It’s not just the money. I know you think I’m just taking advantage or just want to get what I want and stuff. . . if I was that kind of person, I could have gone to college without putting those people whom I called family first and hell I used to be a prideful person, I would have never gone to you or even show my face to you after we had a drunken one-night stand because that’s just embarrassing. . . if not all because of this child. Even before this baby comes out, I already have a lot of plans and dreams as a mother. As a parent. I used to have a lot of goals and dreams for myself but they were naturally washed away after having this, all I have now are dreams for his or her future.” She opens up with a solemn but calm tone. I slowly lean my back on the head of the couch and stared at nothingness.

“I understand. . .” I mutter and sigh. All this time. . . she’s been doing everything just for me to get to know her. Her actions, how she helps in the house and how once in a while, she would tell things about herself. But all of those things, I ignored. She’s annoying, she’s rude, she’s vulgar, she’s annoying—I just repeated that didn’t I—, she’s good in cooking, she’s good in cleaning—my house has never been this clean before—, she’s smart, she’s organized, she’s thrifty, she—enough about this. What I’m trying to say is that. . . she’s the ‘what you see is what you get’ type of person and I ignored that all.

She’s not hard to get to know.

I mean, we’ve only been living together for over a week.

She’s an open-book, per se.

But that doesn’t mean she’s not annoying, I stress.

“And in ten days, when we get the result. I hope you’ll finally be at ease.” She adds and I just nod while massaging my temples. “Yes, hope so.” I answer and glance at her. “And you can love this child all you want.” She smiles while her tummy. “Stress that one okay, THAT CHILD ONLY.” I said while pointing at her tummy. “Yes I know.  Who else?” She scoffs. “N-nothing, I’m just. . . making the barrier between us clear.” I stumble through my words, damn this is embarrassing, while I blink. “Crystal clear.” She notes while winking making me abruptly stand up. “G-good. Cause I will never like you. You’re not even my type.” I defend and she nods, now grinning like a child.

That’s better.

Wait, what?

No, I mean. . . compared to earlier since the sour face m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter