Boss, you say?

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So how do we start?”

I frown as I stand right across my fiancée who was still glancing at our condo building meters away. “First, I want you. . . to want this.” I say as a matter of fact before reaching for her hand. “I do want this, I’m just having anxiety over not seeing Hansol. What if he cries and looks for us?” She asks. “Babe, my mother’s there. I’m sure she has a lot of experience, I mean, not saying she was a good mother to me but anyway, she had Yoonji after me. I’m sure she knows what she’s doing, don’t worry too much.” I assure her. She lets out a long sigh before finally smiling. “You’re right, I guess.” She mumbles, I feel her grip on my hand finally tightening warmly against mine. I look ahead and smile. “It’s funny that we’re really on this stage already. Like, I know it’s all mixed up, it wasn’t normal how we started so we never really got to experience the real first stages of dating. You know?” I ask.

“Yea, it’s messed up.” She laughs.

“I wonder what would have happened if. . . I took your love letter back then?”

She grins showing her cute double chin that she didn’t know I find adorable. “Honestly, that was a move that I never really thought would succeed. I knew you were very. . . cold and just reserved.” She replies. Then she continues after a sigh, “Many people like and adore you but. . . you always had this. . . distant personality that I think only I actually saw. That’s why I never really tried to approach you until that one day.” I shake my head while smiling. She was completely right. Everything she just said described the young Byun Baekhyun. “So was really surprised when you told me you actually had a girlfriend.” She adds with a teasing smile.

We spot the closest café and without having to actually agree upon it, we find ourselves walking towards the same place. We have that connection already, I guess. “Oh speaking of the devil, I actually had a chance to talk to her again yesterday, she called me. After all these years, how cool is that.” I tell her such funny news.

However, she stopped from her tracks making me do the same thing, although there was a tinge of tremble on my legs now.

She’s giving me that death glare that I do not know the reason for.

“Ha ha. . . I-I think it was funny, i-isn’t it?” I ask, my eyes moving from left to right before looking back at hers again. “Work related. I swear.” I let go of her hands to put both of my hands up as if I’m confessing to a cop. “How does she know your number? Don’t tell me she guessed it right? Don’t tell me you still have the same phone number like eight, nine years ago?” She asks, I could see her cheeks starting to turn crimson.

And I knew it wasn’t a good blush.

It was a murderous blush.

“No, she booked a wedding.” I answer right away before putting my hands back down. Finally, I see her shoulders softening again as she sighs. “Okay, good.” She mumbles. “Not her wedding though.” I add, as dumb as I am, making her frown once again. “She booked a wedding with you but not her wedding, why, she wanted to talk to you on purpose maybe?” She asks. I flick my tongue in irritation before dragging her to the ordering area. “Of course not. It’s hard to explain, but yea. It was actually nice talking to her, it’s like reuniting with an old friend. So. . . what do you want, babe?” I ask while glancing at the menu board. She still had that judging look on me. “A knife sharp enough to cut a .” She answers before walking to one table at a corner.

I gulp hard.

Like really hard.

“L-latte it is.” I muffle before looking straight again. “One medium café latte and uhm, one iced americano and a bottle of water.” I order. “Okay, sir. Name?” The guy asks while aiming to write on the cup. “Baekhyun, for both. Give me the bottle of water now, please.” I speak in one go. He gave me a bottle of water and I walk to the pick-up area while opening it. I gulp it in right away while glancing at our table. Jiwon was glaring in space while folding her arms. “Oh , I ruined it.” I muffle. “It wasn’t nice talking to her, it wasn’t nice talking to her. Damn, Baekhyun, it isn’t hard to say at all.”  I scold myself while hitting my own forehead.

Once I had our order, I walk to our table with the tray of our drinks. “Hi babe.” I wave a hand after placing the tray on our table. I hesitantly sat down across her. “It wasn’t nice talking to her.” I start while shaking my head passionately. “All business, I promise.” I put my right hand up to swear. She sighs before running her fingers through her hair, still having that poker face.

Ugh, how can she be so hot right now.

It’s not the right time, Baekhyun.

“So that won’t be the only time you’ll talk to her, I guess.” She finally speaks up after a matter of seconds. She takes her first sip on her latte before holding the mug with both hands. “Uhm, depends? She was just helping on behalf of her brother. Apparently, her brother’s bride-to-be is sick so. . . yeah.” I try

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter