JOB Opening

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

So I managed to buy a pack of already sliced watermelons.

Of course why would I waste my energy cutting it myself when there’s such thing available?

“You know, there’s no point in coming along. She’s not someone you still need to know. She’s nothing to me anyway.” I speak while turning to Jisoo walking beside me. “What nothing, she’s technically a new member of your family WHICH was actually non-existent until she came.” She answers back while wiggling her eyebrows. “Uhm one favor? Shut the hell up.” I grunt before looking straight again. “Whatever you say~” Jisoo responds, such response always annoys me. I can’t believe she’s actually teasing me about a girl, I mean she knows I never had interest in them like in a serious way.

She’s probably the only girl in my life and unfortunately, I didn’t even like her romantically.

We arrived at my door and I turn to her. “Jisoo, I’m serious. Don’t come in anymore. It’s not really tha—“ Before I could finish my sentence, the door swung open, of course it was none other than the Grim Reaper. “I heard your voice. You’re back home early—oh hi~” Jiwon’s eyes landed on Jisoo and waved her hand. “Hi, we’ve met once? I’m Baekhyun’s assistant in the agency.” Jisoon greeted back and they bowed at each other. “Oh well, you know our relationship right?” Jiwon then asks and I just gently shoved her out of the way so I could get. “There is no relationship, wake the hell up from your trance.” I grunt as I walk in.

I walk straight to the table and placed the pack of watermelons there. “Watermelons!” I hear Grim Reaper’s ever-so-irritating squeak. I turn around to see her rushing to me already. “I just don’t have time for you whines later on if I didn’t bu—“ Yet again, I was cut off from my speaking when she jumped on me for a hug. I freeze on my spot and I meet eyes with Jisoo who was grinning there a few meters away from us. “I’ll count to three if you don’t let go, I’ll get you in trouble.” I warn and fortunately, Jiwon immediately let go. We made eye-contact and her cheeks were so red. “Oh, you must have dreamt of doing that for a long time now.” I mock before walking to the couch.

“Take a sit.” I signal Jisoo to sit with me. “So~ Jiwon ssi. How long are you on the way?” She asks making Jiwon turn while opening the pack of watermelons. “I’m seven weeks on Friday. Baekhyun actually wants to come along to the check up.” She blurted out which made me wide my eyes out at her. “Ooh~ that’s good.” Jisoo coos while giving me that look. THAT LOOK. Then she left my side again to walk to the woman. “Actually I’m fourteen weeks pregnant so I’m pretty ahead of you. Let’s chat~” She drags Jiwon to sit on the dining table.

And that moment on, I was completely left out.

I just sat there in silence while glaring at their direction, they were chatting so happily while eating the watermelons.

Seconds. . .

Minutes. . .

Until an hour has passed and the two of them were still chatting. I even managed to wash up and change into my comfortable clothes, drink coffee and still, here I am on the couch all alone listening to their irritating voices and laughter. How can girls even keep talking for that long without getting tired? How can they keep on conversing without running out of topic? But somehow. . . as I watch Jiwon interact with Jisoo, I noticed how excited she looked. Like. . . she hasn’t chatted with anyone for ages.

Well. . .

Almost a week of just staying in here all alone.

I seem to know where she’s coming from.

My thoughts were interrupted when Jisoo called my attention. “Baekhyun? Joshua’s calling me already. I didn’t notice it’s already two. We have an appointment but I’m going back in the agency by around three or four. Okay? Are you coming back too?” She walks to me and grabs her bag on the couch. “I’m not sure, Hyerin and Jongsuk’s there anyway.” I answer as I stand up. I lead her to the door and even open it for her. “Baekhyun.” She then calls making me turn to her meekly again. “She’s a nice woman.” She briefly tells with a smile before stepping out.

“Oh please, just because you had that unnecessary bonding time doesn’t mean you know her. I’ve been staying with her for almost a week now but I still don’t know her and can’t tell if she’s anything at all.” I mock back. I turn my head to see Jiwon cleaning up the mess on the dining table while chewing. “Because you never tried.” Jisoo answers making me look at her again. “I’ll be going now.” She pats my arm before walking away.

I close the door and heave a sigh.

Doesn’t she get it? I don’t have the time and guts to let someone enter my life.

That’s just too much for me to take.

I turn around to walk back to the living room when I stopped. There she was kneeling down while wiping the floor with a wet cloth. Her rear end was slight lifted at the position she had and it was facing my direction. She was wearing short shorts which gave me a sneak peek of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter