Unconditional Love

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I look around the white interior of the very clinic as we wait for the doctor to arrive. After checking Jiwon around, like blood pressure and stuffs, we were lead by the assisting nurse inside right away. “Is that the monitor?” I ask while pointing at something. “Yup. Cool right.” Jiwon climbs up on the bed while I just stand beside it. “Are they going to do the usual thing I see on TV, you know the thing they run across your tummy?” I asked next but she shook her head. “For this one, I’m going to have the trans-l.” She answers casually.

I blink.

Did I just hear. . . ?

“Oh. . . how does that happen?” I ask while rubbing the back of my neck. “Simple, they shove a transducer in my and it has the same result in the common ultrasound that you might have seen on TV’s. It’s just that, it’s not done on the abdomen. They said it’s more accurate.” She explains like it wasn’t a big deal. “You—you what?” I ask in surprise. I can’t control myself from blinking. “There’s no point in explaining.” Jiwon answers while giving me the look. You know, THE LOOK. I just squint my eyes while still looking at her. She groans and rolls her eyes before pointing at a white thick elongated—maybe a few inches long—thing hung beside this something apparatus. “See that white thing that looks like a ? They shove that into me. Are we clear now?” She asks with wide eyes, emphasizing every word.

I gulp.

“Huh? Where do they—uhm, you mean—“IN MY !” She suddenly exclaims making me flinch. “Doesn’t that hurt though?” I ask and again, she GAVE ME THE LOOK that even I can’t explain. “Before asking that, ask the baby inside me how the hell did it enter my uterus.” She grunts while flipping her hair as if she’s annoyed or something. “Okay, I get it. Geez.” I groan and look away. The room got quiet for a short while until I started hearing faint chuckles coming from her which made me turn again. “What.” I hiss. “Nothing.” She looks down while stifling a laugh.

“Yah. If you don’t tell me I’m going to—“I just found you cute. Happy now?” She cuts me off before looking around the room again. Her cheeks were changing color and I just had to clear my throat. I turn my head away and fold my arms again. “Cute, your , I know I am. . .” I muffle under my breath while supressing my urge to smile. Fortunately, before I could give in, the door opened and a middle-aged woman entered wearing a white coat. Ahh~ I really like seeing people with white coats, they look so decent and successful. “Hi~ good to see you again Jiwon ssi—Oh? Who do we have here with you?” The woman asks and I just force a smile and bow. “Hello.” I meekly greet while gazing at Jiwon who was also smiling while rubbing the back of her neck. “Are you the father?” The doctor then asks with a bright smile.

“I suppose.”

“Yes.”

“YAH.” Jiwon nudged me. “Oh. . . I seem to get the situation.” The doctor chuckles before walking to the corner to turn some stuffs on. “Actually, I’m not really against the child. I’m not like that and I’d be happy to have the child too but maybe a DNA test won’t hurt, right?” I ask with my hoping eyes. I see Jiwon looking at me, I see pain in her eyes. “Mister uh—“Byun Baekhyun.” I introduce myself. “Okay, Mr. Byun, yes a DNA Test would be possible on the early stage of pregnancy. Have you two talked about it?” She asks. I look at Jiwon who was already looking down while rubbing her eyes.

“Yes, she actually offered it and I’ve been considering it. Perhaps it’s really better if we do it too. No matter how much it will cost, I think it’ll be worth it. Confirmations are always good.” I explain with a smile. “As early as this stage of her pregnancy, there is now a way to have the test, it’s simpler and safer. it's just very similar to blood exams. It’s called the Free Cell DNA. But since it is a newer study, you’d want to be aware that it is quite pricey compared to the other tests available in which the child should be on its tenth week at the least. Are you willing to pay fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter