Daddy Duties

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You’re kidding right?~”

I look up to Jisoo while chewing. “How I wish I was.” I answer in between chews. Right now, we’re having lunch at a café nearby our agency. “Since when?” She asks before taking in a big spoonful of pasta. “Remember that day she went to our agency? That same night, she disturbed me at home and things happened until I ended up letting her stay.” I explain as briefly as possible. “So it’s been like. . . almost a week? But is she sure you’re the father? I mean, not judging her since we haven’t really talked but. . . you know nowadays, it’s hard to trust people easily.” She tells.

See? Even she would think the same way.

This is why I love this girl so much.

Don’t get the wrong idea, we’re like siblings.

And she’s married, alright. Get your thoughts straight.

“Here’s the thing. . . I was her—uhm. . .” I clear my throat and look away. “First time?” Jisoo asks with her growing smile that easily gets me embarrassed, cause I know she knows I am indeed embarrassed. So I give her a curt nod before grabbing my smoothie to take a few sips on it. “Ooh~ you got it naughty, bro. Got a girl’s V-card without even knowing her.” She teases while squinting her eyes playfully. “Just shut up.” I grunt back while rolling my eyes. “Baekhyun I know you. If you knew she would never make a point or what she’s saying can either be true or false, you would never let her stay in your house. You know you’re the father, don’t you.” She asks seriously.

I just look away.

If I’d base it on the fact that I did get her ity which is true cause I felt it myself. . .

And if you’d really do the math from that night and up to this day. . .

Well hell yeah, I really am the father.

“Look, let’s say I am the father and I accept it myself. I’m all about my child then. That’s it. If that’s my baby then that’s my baby, we don’t need to have any other relationships besides sharing a kid.” I explain. Jisoo suddenly clapped her hands slowly while having a wide smile. “What.” I hiss and lean on my chair. “I’ve always known you to be someone who won’t ever want a family, let alone a child. And I’m so proud of you.” She tells. “Oh please. I’m just doing what’s right. If that is really my child, then I’d have to support him or her.” I try to defend myself. “I know but Baekhyun-ah. . . supporting the baby means supporting the mother too. Beca—“Woah there. Can’t I just focus on the baby alone becau—“You mean you’re taking the baby?” She asks with a frown. “Well if. . . if that woman doesn’t have the ability to raise the kid then don’t I have the right to take this kid?” I ask.

She frowns even more while folding her arms.

“You can actually do that? To a mother?” She asks giving me such disbelieving face. “Why not? As if mothers can’t have the desire to throw their children away whenever they want to... It’s always their choice, not the kid’s.” I muffle and look away to glare in space. “Try to testify that decision of yours more I’ll cut your off.” She said causing me to glare back to her. “Yah, not because we’re out of the office you can talk to me like that. I’m your boss.” I grunt back. She looks really distressed while staring at me.

“What is even making you so stressed about it anyway? You’re not even her—“I’m pregnant.” Jisoo mutters which made me gulp. “Oh c’mon, don’t tell me I’m the father too? You’re the second one.” I mock back. “Shut up. Of course it’s my husband. What I’m trying to say is that I’ll be a mother soon and that statement of yours is so annoying. Really.” She hisses. “Wait wait wait—so you’re pregnant? That’s good news! Congratulations.” I said with a wide smile. “Thank you but don’t change the topic.” She frowns back again after a very brief smile of appreciation.

How can girls even do that kind of expression.

“Jisoo I know you’re concerned and stuffs but this is my life. I do whatever I want.” I answer. “Oh yeah? Sure, take and raise the baby all alone. Can you? If she doesn’t have the ability financially, you don’t have the ability physically and emotionally and I believe those are the ones that a child needs more than the financial.” She explains her side which made me silent. “Do this together, that’s my advice.” She lastly adds before eating again. “No way. If I’d have to spend the rest of my life seeing her face then I’d rather let her take the baby away from me.” I answer making her stop yet again.

“And let the baby live like how you did?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter