INTROuble.

Gotta Be Yours [CURRENTLY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Plan A – call my assistant and tell her to shoo this person out of my office.

Plan B – shoo her away myself.

Okay, I choose Plan B. “Okay, Miss. You don’t seem like you have an important appointment with me because you’ve been staring at me for the last two minutes. ” I speak professionally as much as I could. “No, I do have an important appointment to discuss.” She answers. “Okay so. . . what kind of event, a wedding or?” I ask while pointing the tip of my pen on my clipboard.

Yes, as unlikely as it sounds, I am an event planner. I run my own business.

Different kinds of events, including weddings. And no, I am definitely not gay.

Although such rumors always surface around since I’ve always been single and my employees never saw me with a girl before. I am too into my work; I don’t have time for those kinds of stuff.

“But before that, may I know your name first?” I smile sweetly.

“Geez, your smile is a killer.”

I maintain my smile although I am very close to losing my here. “Uhm— “ I feel the discomfort increasing in my system as I rub my neck. “Is it a birthday? Or a wedding? Your wedding, right?” I try to continue on with the topic that we should be having right now. “This is why I couldn’t say no to you that time.” She continues spitting out these vague statements.

I turn away blowing air in my cheeks. “So, Miss, the event? We’re kind of wasting the time here, I have an appointment after this. Could you please just tell me what you really need?” I plead for the nth time. I am a professional man and I will try to keep this going for as long as I can because she’s a potential client … right?

But I have my limits too and this conversation is starting to get ridiculously awkward. I am still the boss here and I can kick her out if she doesn’t start making sense any time soon.

“I’m pregnant.” She answers while rubbing her tummy.

I tip my head to one side, my eyes traveling to the door behind her. I’m really feeling a stronger urge to call my assistant already. I have no time to listen to any kind of drama or situation right now. “Okay, so it must be a wedding? Am I correct? Shotgun wedding? If it’s a rushed one, we can always make arrangements.” I try to lighten up the mood a little bit. “But Miss, I think it’ll be better if you come with the guy? I don’t really know the real situation but it’s not a problem if things should be rushed. But you need to go with the guy so we can talk about it more properly. Okay?” I add.

She sits more comfortably on the chair, still rubbing her tummy. Her eyes wander around my office. Okay, I don’t think I can take this any more than I even should.

I press my lips together in a tight line and close my eyes. I could feel my blood pressure rising already. I don’t have time for this bull.

“I just had my first check-up. The OB said I’m six weeks pregnant.” She speaks again.

Okay, that is it. I stand up and point my hand politely towards the door. “Yes, okay. I understand. You’re pregnant, congratulati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter