II. Leave.

Always in my mind

“So, baby, you're going to be nice to daddy while I'm away, right?” Jaemin ruffled his son's hair.

“Yes, mom.”

“You're going to be a good boy, and you'll take care of your father?” he nodded, “and at school, you will listen to the teacher very well and you will have good marks, alright?”

“Yes, I will be nice to teacher Baekhyun and I will love daddy very much. I will protect him from the monsters that hide under my bed.”

“Sehun, there's no monsters, I've already told you,” she smiled.

“But they are going to come back because you won't be there to scared them and to make them go away.”

“Daddy will do it, don't worry.”

 

Yifan was looking at his wife which was sat on the floor, facing their son who was patiently listening to her and to her advices, yet, his voice was shivering and he was probably going to cry soon. And so Jaemin was going to do and even if it was going to be hard for him too, Yifan wasn't going to cry because he had to stay strong for their baby. In thirty minutes precisely, Jaemin was going to leave them alone and to join her colleagues before they disappeared behind big strong steel doors.

They were actually in a military base where visitors were allowed, but as soon as the soldiers would be gone, Yifan knew they were going to fly to an unknown other base, this time where visitors weren't allowed and later in the evening, they would officially leave to reach the destination of their mission. Jaemin didn't have the right to tell him or anyone where she was going, he just knew she was going on a 'special mission'. His wife was going to disappear somewhere around the world for seven months and he didn't even know if they were going to have some news. It would depend on the different connections the soldiers would have on the site.

Yet, even though the situation was heartbreaking, Yifan knew he wasn't the only one in this: all around them, they were men and women crying along with their children while they were saying their last goodbye. If Jaemin was going to be gone for seven months, some other soldiers were going to be away from their families for more than nine months. Yifan considered himself and Sehun being among the lucky ones.

 

Twenty minutes left,” someone announced thought a microphone, “twenty minutes left.”

“I love you so much, Sehun,” Jaemin said as she hugged her son who had started to cry.

“I love you too mom. Will you be thinking of me?”

“I even got your picture in the inside pocket of my jacket, so that wherever I am, you will always be with me.”

“I will keep your picture on my nightstand too, so I will be dreaming of you at night.”

 

Jaemin bit her lip to prevent herself from sobbing as she looked at her son, holding his face between his face and drawing his features of his baby face. Sehun was tall for his age, but it wasn't surprising because his father himself was a giant. He had messy bark brown hair, just like his mother, but was as pale as his dad. He was the perfect mix of his parents and their pride. Sehun was everything for them. Jaemin knew he was going to grow up handsome and clever.

 

“Eat a lot and too, I don't want to come back and see my baby sick. And don't eat too much candy or junky food.”

“I won't,” Sehun sobbed, rubbing his red and teary eyes.

“You're so perfect,” she kissed his pouty lips and they exchanged an Eskimo kiss he loved so much.

 

She stood up, Sehun clutching her leg. Some mothers would have found it bothering, but Jaemin loved it. She faced her husband and hugged him. Yifan held her really tightly, not worried about hurting her, because he knew it wouldn't do it anyway. He knew she was also hiding her face against his torso to prevent her colleagues from seeing her crying. As a soldier, she had a pride and crying had always been something humiliating for her.

 

“I love you, Jaemin,” he whispered in her ear.

“I love you too Fan, I love you so much.”

Ten minutes left,” the man in the microphone said, “ten minutes left.

“You'll take care of you, right?” he asked.

“Don't worry about me, just think about you and Hunnie.”

“I'll take care of him.”

 

Sehun climbed into his mothers' arms and all the three of them shared a hug. The ten minutes went really fast, even way too fast for the little family. When the three last minutes were announced, Jaemin had to gathered all her stuff and to walk forward the doors. They stopped ten meters away from the gates, because the relatives of the soldiers couldn't come forward.

It was a funny sight according to Yifan, because all the soldiers were behind the red line on the floor, and their families were left on the other side.

 

“I'll try to find a way to contact you,” Jaemin said, “but I can't promise you anything.”

“I will wait for you to be home, love, don't worry.”

 

They shared one last kiss, sharing all their feelings in this instead of speaking and then Jaemin hugged his son one last time. The doors slowly opened, revealing a long, large and dark corridor, and the soldiers had to wait for their names to be called before going. When Jaemin's name echoed in the huge hall, she waved, fighting hard not to cry and then she followed her colleagues.

 

“Mom! I love you!” Sehun shouted.

 

She turned around one last time and threw him kisses in the air. “I love you too,” she mouthed before winking, disappearing officially ten seconds later.  

 


The second chaper is here !

Tell me what you think about it :)