VIII. Soon.

Always in my mind

Baekhyun's birthday happened to be on a Sunday, so he invited his friend Yifan over for him to eat with himself and his husband Chanyeol, but also for Kyungsoo to play with Sehun. And because Kim Jongdae was also a friend of the Park couple, he was also invited. The adults were talking casually in the living room and the two little boys were playing with their toys next to them.

 

“My dad bought me this truck because we got it at school and I wanted it too,” Kyungsoo told Sehun.

“Well, my dad can buy it too if I want to! My dad can buy me everything.”

“My dad is richer than you! He is Park Chanyeol!”

“Mine is Wu Yifan! He is rich too! And I've got a mom!”

“I've got two dads!” Kyungsoo answered.

“Boys,” Chanyeol laughed, amused by their little conversation which they often had in fact, but it wasn't too naughty for their parents to separate them.

 

Kyungsoo frowned and pouted while Sehun looked at his father to find reassurance. They stayed away from ten seconds maximum and then Kyungsoo talked again.

 

“I'm going to have a little sister!” he said, “and not you!”

 

Sehun stayed still for a while and then he stood up. He looked at his father once again.

 

“I want a sister too! Why can't I have one?”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun burst in laughter and Jongdae patted his brother-in-law's shoulder who was looking at his son and blushing at the same time.

 

“I want one!”

“We'll see it with your mother,” Yifan managed to say, “later... in ten years probably, or fifteen.”

“No! I want one now! Because I want to have one just like Kyungsoo hyung! And I also want a bigger truck than Kyungsoo!”

“We'll talk about it at home, okay?”

 

Sehun sat on the ground and crossed his arms over his chest, looking more grumpy than ever. For the rest of the afternoon, he didn't play anymore and when he was sick and tired of it, he settled on his father's lap, his uncle trying to entertain him but Sehun was always Sehun: when he had an idea in his mind, it wouldn't leave until he was satisfied. And obviously, he wasn't going to be soon. The more he would have would maybe be the truck. Before they left the house, Sehun greeted Baekhyun and Chanyeol and than briefly bowed to his older hyung.

 

“When my mother is back, I will have a sister too!” he stick his tongue out at Kyungsoo and quickly ran to the car to hide.

“Well, good luck,” Chanyeol told his friend, obviously making fun of him.

“Six months left before Jaemin's return... six months,” Yifan sighed and joined his son.