XIV. Memory.

Always in my mind

After Baekhyun found out Jaemin and Jongdae's older brother he knew very well was in town, he decided to invite Sehun and Jongin to stay at his flat for a night so that their parents would have a night for them only, without noisy kids to bother them. And he did this especially because Minseok and Jinah had only one last night left in Seoul, they were coming back to Daegu on the Sunday morning and they didn't really have time to be with Yifan yet. So the adults went in town to eat in a little restaurant where they ate food typically Korean and then they stopped in a bar to have a drink or two and to talk a bit.

 

Minseok and Yifan were born the same year, yet Minseok was a few months older than his brother-in-law. At first, when Yifan had met him, he found Minseok really scary despite him being short with a chubby face and a cute smile. He was the oldest of the Kim children and really was the one taking care of his sister and his brother and so, at first, he was over-protecting Jaemin and was very cold toward Yifan. Over the years their relations changed and they became more at ease with each other, especially when Sehun was born, because Jongin was born three months ago so Minseok was exciting about their sons being good cousin and playing together a lot. Today, they were not awkward at all and were laughing and sharing jokes together. And Jinah, Minseok's wife, was very nice toward him and Yifan was thankful to her because it was partly thanks to her if Minseok and Jongdae were talking to him.

 

“No,” Minseok prevented his wife from having a beer, “you're pregnant, baby, no alcohol!”

“Min please... just once, just an exception for tonight.”

“No, no, no!”

 

Yifan chuckled as Jinah whined like a child, ordering a coke instead.

 

“And we need someone to drive the car too.”

 

Jinah pinched his cheek, trying to look offended, but they both ended up laughing and Minseok kissed her cheek.

 

“You shouldn't do that,” Jinah said, “one of us is alone here.”

“Eh... not so alone, at least I've got my son,” Yifan shrugged.

“What's going to happen when Sehun is going to be older and he will leave the house and when Jaemin is going to be on a mission? You'll be alone,” Minseok said.

“Well, we're going to have another child, or two or three for me not to be alone,” Yifan joked.

“Jaemin told me she was ready to have another one,” Jinah drunk half of her glass, ignoring Minseok and Yifan's stunned gazes.

“Wh-when did she say that?” Jaemin's husband asked.

“When we met for New Year, while you were playing poker between men. We were in the living room, talking, and Jaemin told me.”

“I didn't know...”

“It's not an easy thing to say, you know?” Jinah smiled, “remember when she had to told you for Sehun?”

 

Yifan nodded and smiled, indeed remembering the funny scene he lived a few years ago.