VII. Away.

Always in my mind

It was a spare day at the military camp Jaemin was in. A whole month had passed now and it was their very first day where all the Korean soldiers could rest. Jaemin didn't make any plans, she just started her day by waking up at eight a.m. instead of the usual five a.m. and then she walked all around the site, looking at the landscapes. The sight was beautiful and she knew Yifan would have loved it too. If it wasn't a war-zone, maybe they could even think about traveling here but it was too dangerous for now. But Jaemin and hundreds of other soldiers were there to make sure to re-established the peace in a country where it didn't exist anymore. Yet, which country was it? She couldn't tell anyone.

She ate with her men colleagues, because they were only two girls in the group and Jaemin didn't really like the other one, so she preferred to stay with men she already knew and loved a lot, especially those whom she had already worked with.

After, she had a quick nap which lasted only one hour and she decided to see if someone needed help so that she would be useful.

 

“Jaemin.”

 

She quickly stopped and turned around, greeting the person facing her with the military salute.

 

“Sergeant Kim. Jae. Min.”

“There's no need to do that when it's only the two of us, Jaemin,” Junmyeon laughed.

“I didn't know it was you, you caught me by surprised,” she sighed, relieved.

 

Junmyeon came closer, looking extremely at ease, relaxed and he was even smiling. Kim Junmyeon had been a senior when Jaemin was studying at the military academy. But while she was training and learning how to be a non-commissioned officer, Junmyeon was working really hard to become an officer. A few years later, she had the big surprised to find he was her captain when she entered the military base in Seoul. He was a great soldier, always obedient and very strict and most of the youngsters despised him and didn't want to be under his orders. Yet, Jaemin wasn't like most of them and she felt safe with him around, especially because she knew him very well. But on this kind of mission, they both were doing there best to avoid each other and to pretend they didn't know each other. However, he had found her and he was the one who had started the conversation.

 

“How are you?” he asked, putting his hands into the pockets of his battledress' pants.

“Fine, thank you, and you?”

“Well, I've seen worse,” he chuckled, “what are you doing here? Were you going to the offices?”

“Actually I don't know what to do so I wanted to ask if someone needed help.”

“Are you going to call your husband or even write him an e-mail?” he raised a brow, waiting for her answer.

“It-it may sounds stupid but I feel like the less we talk, the better we are. If I call Yifan, I will miss him and if I talk to Sehun, I consider the worst-case scenario for both of us.”

“It has only been a month, you know.”

“Thirty days precisely, I've been counting.”

 

He smiled even more.

 

“Well, you don't have time to waste or to get bored here, there's always something unexpected going on. Your seven months are going to be soon over.”

“I hope you're right, I really hope so.”

 


Jaemin's pov !

I'm sorry for all the mistakes I did.

Leave a comment to tell me what you think about it :)