XXXVIII. Gone.

Always in my mind

“So, tell me Shixun,” Luhan said in Chinese, “are you excited about going back to school?”

 

Since the little boy wasn't speaking Chinese this much, he didn't understand his dad's friend and simply frowned while staring at him. Luhan laughed and ruffled his hair.

 

“Do you want to go back to school?” he asked in Korean this time.

“No.”

“Why? School is fun.”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because I don't like it.”

“But why?”

“Because dad can't go to school with me even when I want him to go. He says he is too old but I'm sad when he is not with me.”

“Oh... poor baby Shixun,” Luhan smiled sadly, “would you like it more if he could with you?”

“Yes.”

“But your teacher is really nice, no? Mr. Byun, that's it? He is your mom's friend.”

“Uncle Baek doesn't like it when I call him like that at school. And he is not my dad.”

“Well, you know, your dad won't always be with you. One day you'll have to leave him and to have your own life.”

“No that's not true.”

“It is, poor boy, it is. Parents can't always be one your back, otherwise it's not funny.”

“But I want my dad to stay forever with me!” Sehun's eyes started becoming teary a bit.

“Well,” Luhan patted Sehun's shoulder, “sorry to say this buddy, but one day, he'll leave.”

 

Sehun suddenly burst out in tears and called for his father who came out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel around his waist and with his blond hair still dripping wet.

 

“What's going on?” he asked, panicked.

“Don't know,” Luhan shrugged, “I was just talking about school and he started crying!”

“Luhan said you were going to leave!” Sehun cried, “but I don't want you to leave too! If... if you l-leave, then I will be alone because mom has already left! Why are you going to leave daddy?!”

 

Yifan sent a deadly glare to his friend and cursed at him in Chinese before he took his son into his arms to comfort him.

 

“I swear Luhan I'll kill you,” he muttered.

“Yah! It's not my fault! I'm only telling him the truth!”

“Luhan is mean!” Sehun shouted and glared at his uncle, “you're mean! I hate you!”

“That's right baby,” Yifan kissed his pouty lips, “insult him, come on, you can. You're really an , Han,” he then mumbled in Chinese.

 

Luhan acted all innocent and simply shrugged before he filled his mouth with Sehun's gummy bears, a slight smirk over his lips.