XVI. Father.

Always in my mind

“So, next time, you're the one coming to Daegu, right?” Minseok said.

“I'll think about it.”

 

They greeted each other, Minseok and Jinah being thankful for this whole week while Yifan answered that he was the one thankful. Sehun and Jongin refused to be separated, as expected, yet when his parents got into the train, Jongin followed them, but not without one last hug from his favorite cousin and his uncle. Yifan and Sehun waved them goodbye and just like always, Sehun cried once they reached the car.

 

“We'll see them soon, baby,” Yifan told him, “you don't have to worry about it.”

“But soon is in a long time,” Sehun whined.

“Well, that's a new concept,” Yifan ruffled his hair.

 

They went back home to find it strangely empty and silent. Sehun went to play in his bedroom and Yifan stayed in the living room. Because the first floor was a huge open space, it had also the dining area and the kitchen around. It was Jaemin's choice. At first, Yifan wanted to have a space for each room, but Jaemin found it more useful this way because they could talk while she was in the kitchen for example and he was in the living room. And he agreed on this. As the time passed by, he even learned to love it and especially more since they decorated it their ways.

 

Next to the front door, there was the TV standing on a little table. In front of it, the sofa and another little table often occupied with Sehun's toys. Behind the sofa, there was their dining table where most of Yifan's files were stacked. On the left, just under the window, their was a chest of drawers with useless things in. Yet, above it, there were a lot of pictures.

 

The biggest one was one of Yifan and Jaemin the day of their wedding. Around it, some of them during their first months of their relation, and some of Sehun growing up above the years. There were also some of Yifan with his parents, and same for Jaemin around her parents and her brothers. Jongin and Zitao's, Yifan's nephew had their own picture frames. There was one of younger Yifan and Luhan during their days back in Beijing, and also one of a teen Jaemin with Baekhyun. Both of their lives were on this. But there were also here to remind Yifan he was alone every times his wife was on a mission.

 

“Daddy! Do you want to play with me?” Sehun asked him.

“I'm tired,” Yifan sighed.

“Please...” his son pouted.

 

One minutes later, they were playing with Sehun's plastic cars, using the whole first floor as play ground. Later in the evening, they ordered fried chicken and got it directly delivered at home and they ate on the sofa, watching an old Disney movie, Sehun's favorite. Yifan didn't care about Sehun being tired on the morning, if he was, he wouldn't send him at school and would ask Jongdae to keep him at home. It was their day, a day between a father and a son.