XXIV. Diary.

Always in my mind

Yifan was finally done with work and had one week to rest. Except that he knew he wasn't going to rest since himself and Sehun were going to Daegu to spend the whole week at Minseok and Jinah's house. The little boy was completely excited about it and couldn't stop talking about his cousin who was also waiting for him, but according to his parents, Jongin was less tiring while talking about it.

But before leaving, the father had to clean the house and to tie it up. While Sehun was watching TV in the living room, he was into his bedroom, cleaning the room (which had fresh new blue painting on the walls). He was really into it, wanting it to be perfect until something fell on his head from the top of the closet. He cursed out loud, Sehun asking him what was going on, but he told him he was fine, just that he had bumped his toes into the corner of the bed.

On the ground lay a tiny book, not bigger than a diary and he picked up, curious since he had never seen it before. He sat on the edge of the bed and opened it at the first page. Their was a picture of younger Jaemin and Baekhyun making funny faces. Under it, he easily recognized his wife's messy writing. “I can't believe this idiot accepted to follow me at the military academy. He won't even survive a day. But I still love him”. Yifan frowned, curious and wondering what was he reading, so he turned the page.

 

March 25, 2007

Two weeks. It has been two weeks only and I'm dying. It's way too hard for me to handle. Why have I even wanted to do this already?! I can't remember!!

Oh... yeah... I remember. My dad is a general so yeah... since Minseok is not interested at all in the army and Jongdae is still a child, he should at least has a child who's part of the army. But why me?! I shouldn't have accepted.

 

March 26, 2007.

Alright, I know why I have accepted. Boys here are hot and God, they do their training bare-chested. Even Baek likes to watch them.

 

Yifan chuckled a bit and skipped a few pages.

 

May 10, 2007.

Oh my God! Baek has had a date yesterday! I can't believe he left me alone to go on a date with some weird rich boy and big ears! Aish... this boy... he doesn't even deserve to be my friend. I'm too good for him.

 

June 10, 2007.

Baek and this boy has been dating for two weeks and this little didn't even tell me! He didn't tell me he had a boyfriend!! I'm sure he is going to forget about in less than two weeks... I'm so sad... I don't want this boy to steal my best friend away from me...

 

July 27, 2007

I've completed my semester. I don't even know how I've succeeded, but I did it. My father was proud of me, so that's really good. It was the first time ever he told me he was proud of me. He's quite a cold man and he doesn't tell us he loves us, but I don't doubt him. My mom told me once it was only because the army taught him to always keep his feelings for himself. Really? That's what we learn at the army? It's weird, for me. I mean, if one day I have a husband and children, I would spend my time telling them I love them. We need love in this world.

 

Yifan smiled lovely as he imagined a young Jaemin writing this without knowing what was going to happen to her in the future. As this time, nine years ago, nobody knew what was going to happen to them. He skipped another few pages, looking for the moment they met each other to see what she had written about it.

 

October 11, 2008

Oh. My. God. I've met the most handsome guy I've ever seen on Earth (or at least in Korea since I've never been abroad). He is so freaking handsome and tall and he has a beautiful smile and I love his eyes and he is a doctor, so it means he is clever. I love clever men! And damn! His voice! He had a low voice, the kind of voice that makes people shiver. I don't really know how Baek found him, I just know that we were going to go in town and because of my ankle I had hurt during training he went and came back with that doctor. He was just... oh my God, for a while when I met him I forgot what was my name. For real. This doctor drove us to the clinic he was working as an intern and after he took care of my ankle. He told me things about it, but I didn't even listen to him. I just remember his name and how handsome he is. Maybe I should have listened, because my ankle still hurts like hell. But well, I had priorities. He drove us back to the academy and then he left. And while was dreaming about him, Baek told me I didn't even ask for his number. So the hot doctor is gone forever. I'm just so stupid.

 

November 23, 2008.

He is back! I can't believe it! He is back at the academy! The hot doctor! I can't believe I've seen him. I was training as usual and he just came out of nowhere and he actually came to talk to me. Like... he remembered my name and he asked me about my ankle. He remembered me and he asked me if I wanted to have a drink with him later!!! Obviously I said yes but I still can't believe it! What if he doesn't come? What if I make a mistake? What if I have an emergency during the date and have to left?! Is it even a date?!

Update: it was a date!!!! and I have his number and now I just can't stop looking at my phone and sending him messages!! I swear this boy is too perfect!! And Baek is just jealous.

 

Never in his life Yifan had suspected Jaemin of being like this. It was really a first for him. Whenever they were together at the very beginning of their relation, when they were only having dates but weren't officially dating, she wasn't very talkative and often had her poker face on. So this diary was the proof that even though they had been married for years, they still had secrets too each other.

 

January, 2012

I asked him to marry me. We've known each other for four years now and we've been dating for approximately the same amount of time. I've been thinking about marrying him one year ago but I never dared to actually talk to him about it. Since he never talked about it, I thought he wouldn't want to marry me. But I proposed to him. It's crazy, I know, and my mind is going crazy too. I mean... we were just watching a movie and cuddling, it was perfect and I talked. I said “Yifan... will you marry me?”. I should have never said this. I feel so stupid even though he said yes. Do you know why I feel stupid? It's because when he asked me why I wanted to marry him, I wasn't even able to say that it was because I was in love with him, I wasn't even able to tell him the truth. I just said that since I was officially going to join the army after graduating, if we were married, it would be easier for him to follow me if I was to be transferred to another town. Well, this is the truth, but this is not the reason why I want to marry him. I'm a coward. I'm a freaking coward. Maybe I've finally become like my dad, I'm cold and I can't express my feelings. Maybe I've finally become a good little pawn of the army. If so, then congrats to them, they've succeeded. I couldn't even tell my soon-to-be husband that I was in love with him. I'm so sorry, Yifan.

 

“Daddy… are you sad?" Sehun asked, appearing next to his father.

“No… I'm not… I'm really happy, Sehun baby.”

“Why?”

“Because I love your mom and I love you too.”