XXV. In-laws.

Always in my mind

“Grandpa!" Sehun shouted and ran toward his grand-dad who welcomed him with opened arms.

“My Sehun!” his grand-dad laughed and kissed the boy's cheek.

“I missed you.”

“I missed you too, big boy.”

 

Sehun smiled and hid his face into his grand-dad's neck. Yifan looked at his son's cute behavior and greeted his mother-in-law while his father-in-law was busy with his son.

 

“I'm glad to see you,” Mrs. Kim quickly hugged him.

“I'm glad you accepted to see us,” Yifan smiled.

“Obviously we did,” she gently punched his shoulder, “you're like a son to us!”

 

He bowed his head and shook hands with Mr. Kim who was now free since Sehun was hugging his lovely grand-mother.

 

“Did you have a nice ride?”

“Yes, it was. Sehun was just really excited and couldn't stop talking and whining but... you know him, it's not too surprising.”

“He is like his mother,” Mr. Kim laughed and patted Yifan's back.

“He sure is,” Mrs. Kim laughed too.

 

Yifan smiled but felt uneasy. After all, he was visiting his wife's parents while she wasn't even there and they were really missing her. Since Mr. Kim was a retired general, he knew how it all worked and wasn't too worry (or wasn't letting anyone see how worry he was) but for Mrs. Kim, it was more complicated. Indeed, she wanted to make sure her daughter was fine.

 

“Well, let's go home now. Minseok and his wife should be there soon,” Mr. Kim said and put a protective arm around his wife's waist.

“Is uncle Jongdae coming too?” Sehun asked as he entered the house as if he was living here every day.

“Probably. Why? Would you like him to be here?” Mr. Kim smiled.

“Yes! So that we would play soccer with him and Jongin too!”

 

He ran to the living room and jumped on the sofa to lie there. He hugged his panda plushy against him and on his thumb.

 

“Oh...” Mrs. Kim sat next to him and pushed a few strands of hair of his face, “are you tired?”

“Yes.”

“Haven't you sleep during the ride?”

“No.”

“Why?” she ruffled his hair.

“Because I wasn't tired. But now I am.”

“Oh! Then sleep, rest a bit. We'll wake you up when uncle Minseok and Jongin are there.”

“Thanks grand-ma.”

 

She put a little cover over his body and kissed his forehead.

Her grand-son definitely reminded her of her daughter.