V. Happy.

Always in my mind

Sehun's birthday was on the 12th of April, and for the very first time, his mother wasn't at home to wish him a happy birthday. He woke up when his dad entered the room and sneaked into his bed, hugging him and kissing him all over his chubby face. Sehun loved being woken up by his father in a such way, but he was four years old now and his mother wasn't there.

 

“Daddy,” Sehun mumbled with his cute morning voice, “did mom call?”

“No, not yet. But I'm sure she will.”

“She won't forget me, right?”

“No.”

 

Sehun woke up and got ready without complaining this time. Yifan drove him to school where he was welcomed by his favorite teacher, Byun Baekhyun, who was also Jaemin's best friend. Teacher Baekhyun wished him a happy birthday and later during the day, the whole class sang it too, which made the little boy happy. But once the day ended, Sehun met his father who had time to pick him up. Yifan didn't even had the time to hug him that Sehun already asked him the question which had been in his mind all day long.

 

“Did mom call, daddy?”

“No,” Yifan sighed, “but don't worry. She didn't forget about you.”

“How do you know?”

“I know, baby.”

 

Father and son went back home and during the whole evening, a lot of people called to talk to the star of the day. It started with his old uncle Minseok, his aunt Jinah and his cousin who was as old as him now, Jongin. Luhan was stuck at his office for the night, but obviously he called and promised the little boy a big present. Next, both Jaemin's parents and Yifan's called, using the cameras of their phones to do a video-call to see their grandson. Jongdae who was in town came and gave Sehun an interactive tablet especially made for young children and Sehun was happy with it, because he had always wanted one to do like his dad.

 

After all of this, Sehun and his dad ate, they showered and Sehun had the right to watch some cartoons before going to bed while Yifan was filling some files next to him. Yifan tried to pretend he was really concentrated on his work, but actually he was looking at Sehun who was always checking the clock just above the TV. He didn't know how to read the hour yet, but Yifan knew exactly why he was stuck on it.

 

“Sehun, it's late now,” Yifan told him when they reached nine p.m., “you should go to bed.”

“Not now, I'm not tired.”

“Thirty minutes more, okay?”

 

Sehun nodded and continued to watch TV. He was laughing when something funny appeared on the screen, but yet, all his attention was on the clock. It was easy to see he was tired, because he was his thumb and hugging his plushy against his face. Soon, Yifan knew he would be asleep, so he put his work away and took Sehun in his arms but as soon as they reached the door of his bedroom, Sehun started to make a fuss, crying and saying he was not tired and wanted to watch TV a little bit more. Yifan protested, put him on his bed but Sehun shouted even more. Their little war lasted for more than an hour in which Sehun got even more tired so he became even more and more appalling.

 

“You promised me mom was going to call me! You promised it to me!”

“Sehun, she didn't forget about you! But you know it's very complicated for her to call us!”

“But it's my birthday!!”

“She knows it Sehun!”

 

He cried even louder and hid under the cover of his bed. Yifan tried to sooth him a bit but because he wasn't moving, Yifan went to his bedroom and tried to fall asleep too. Yet, the thought of his baby being mad was really annoying. He was about to fall asleep when the phone of the house rang. Looking at the red numbers of the alarm on the nightstand, he sighed when he saw it was already one a.m. and thinking it was only some advertising channels calling, he didn't move. Yet, when the phone rang again, he went downstairs and picked up.

 

“Hello?” he said with his low and tired voice.

“Fan, it's me.”

“Jae!” he suddenly regained full consciousness, “Jae you called!”

“Yes, I'm sorry I couldn't do it before and I only have five minutes. Can I talk to Sehun please?”

“He is sleeping.”

“I know, please... I need to talk to him right now.”

 

He understood, went upstairs and woke up his Sehun. The grumpy boy opened one eye and looked at his father, automatically frowning.

 

“Someone is one the phone for you,” Yifan smiled as Sehun took the phone.

“Hello?” he said.

“Sehun baby, it's me. It's mommy.”

“M-mom!” Sehun started to sob, “you called me.”

“Obviously I did it, baby. It's your birthday today, my little prince is four years old now! You are a big boy, you know it?”

“Yes mom but I want to be with you!”

“You know I'm not coming home soon, baby, but I will always be thinking about you!”

“I thought you had forgot about me! I was very sad!” the little boy rubbed his eyes with his free hand, getting rid off his tears.

“I love you so much, baby. Never forget this.”

“Love you too mom...”

“Happy birthday again baby! I promise you that as soon as I am back, we'll go and buy the present you want, okay?”

“Yes mom.”

 

Sehun gave the phone back to his father.

 

“I have to go, Fan.”

“I know, don't worry. I'm glad you called, seeing baby sad was heartbreaking.”

“I can't talk too much.”

“At least I know you're fine.”

“Please take care of you. Love you.”

“Love you too,” he said before she hung up.

“Daddy,” Sehun mumbled, “can I sleep with you?”

 

Yifan nodded and took his son into his arms and they went to his bedroom, Sehun sleeping all against his torso. 

 


Fifth chapter!

Thanks to those who subscribed, don't hesitate to let a comment with your opinion :)

I hope you liked it!