XXXII. Cooking.

Always in my mind

“Oh! Noo- Sergeant Kim,” Oh Heejun quickly corrected himself, “what are you doing?”

“I'm serving my country,” Jaemin smiled and clapped her hands, flour flying all around them.

“You're only cooking,” Jeon Wonwoo, a newbie, stated as he also entered the kitchen of their base.

“Yes, but I'm cooking for my fellow Korean soldiers in order to satisfy their hunger. So, I'm serving my country. Voilà!” she laughed, “I hope it's going to be good.”

“Why are you doing this?” Wonwoo sat on the table behind her.

“Because I want to,” she smiled.

“And...?”

“And because I kind of missing my home and my husband and son right now so I wanted to cook to think of other things before I end up too desperate.”

“Noona!” Heejun's eyes widened but her deadly glare made him realized his mistake, “I mean, sergeant Kim, you are married? For real?”

“Yes, I am.”

“And you also have a son? How old is he? What is his name? Does he look like you? And your husband-”

“Oh Heejun,” Captain Kim Junmyeon entered the kitchen so they all straightened up and greeted him, “don't ask so many questions, will you?”

“Captain, do you know her husband?” Wonwoo dared to ask.

“Obviously I do. Yifan is a very nice, handsome and clever man.”

“Yifan? It doesn't sound Korean...” Heejun frowned.

“He is Chinese.”

“Oh! Sergeant Kim! You dare to say you're serving your country by cooking but you married a Chinese man?” he tried to look shocked but it only made his superiors laughed, “traitor.”

“Well, he is a doctor who saves Korean citizens' lives, isn't it enough?” Jaemin giggled.

“Is he really handsome?” Heejun asked his captain.

“I don't like to admit it but... yes, he really is,” Junmyeon sighed.

“Then no, him being a doctor isn't enough. He stole one of the most beautiful woman of our country.”

 

Jaemin tsked and gently slapped him behind the head, spreading flour into his messy hair. He complained but not too much since his captain was in the same room.

 

“And your son?” Wonwoo asked, visibly curious.

“His name is Sehun,” Jaemin proudly grinned, “he is four.”

“I bet he is really cute.”

“He is, indeed.”

“Isn't it hard to be away from them for months?” Heejun asked, “I mean... for example, for me, I have hard time being away from my parents and brothers.”

“It is, obviously,” Jaemin smiled, “but well, that's my job and I leave for months because both my husband and I agreed to it, otherwise I wouldn't have left and I wouldn't even have entered the army.”

“More like you would have left after the academy,” Junmyeon stated.

“Yes.”

“You went to a military academy?” Heejun asked.

“I did, big boy,” she joked.

“Her father is a former general,” Junmyeon mumbled and both rookies turned their heads to look at the sergeant who was blushing, suddenly feeling embarrassed, “you know, she had a lot of privileges.”

“That's not true!” Jaemin whined like a child, “I entered because I was good enough and I succeeded all my exams!”

“Hey...” Heejun shook his head, “I'm sure your father helped you... I'm disappointed.”

 

He left and Wonwoo followed him. Jaemin didn't say a word but sent deadly glares at her captain who simply shrugged yet not so innocently.