XXXIX. Come back.

Always in my mind

“Daddy... hey, daddy...”

 

Yifan jolted into his sleep and suddenly woke up, wondering what was going on. He turned to his left to see Sehun standing at the door with his panda stuck under his arm and his cover around his body. His hair were messy and he had the pillow trace on his right cheek. Yet he was completely adorable.

 

“What's going on?” he asked his son with his raspy voice.

“Can I sleep with you tonight?”

“Come here,” Yifan sighed and moved on the left side where he was normally sleeping so that Sehun could lay on the right side, his mother's side.

 

The boy climbed on the bed and then curled around his father's torso, using his arm as a pillow.

 

“Why did you come here?” he mumbled, “have you done a nightmare?”

“No.”

“Then what?”

“I want to be with you.”

“That's all?”

“B-because I'm going back to school on tomorrow, I won't be able to see you a lot now, so I want to stay with you at night.”

“Sehun baby...”

 

He kissed his forehead and held him tight.

 

“I'll always be there. You know, even when you can't see me, I'm here.”

“So if I'm at school, you're there too?”

“I am. You'll just have to ask uncle Baek to call for me and I'll be there.”

“But you know... I really don't want to go to school... what if mom comes back and I'm not at home but at school?”

“Then she'll go to school just to see you.”

“Really?” he looked at his father and even though the room was dark, Yifan could still felt his eyes on him, so he looked at him too.

“Yes. I'm sure you'll be the first person she'd like to see.”

 

Sehun crawled even closer to him if it was possible and hid his face into his dad's neck.

 

“I really want mom to come back.”

“So do I, baby,” Yifan sighed, “so do I.”

 

And like this, they both fell asleep again, all curled against each other.