XXVI. HQ.

Always in my mind

“Your hut is ugly,” Sehun folded his arms over his chest and raised a brow just like his dad was often doing.

“Very ugly,” Jongin nodded.

“What do you mean ugly?” Jongdae frowned while trying to make the light blue sheet hold onto the branches of a tree so that it would create a roof, “it's... perfect!”

“I don't like it.”

“What do you mean you don't like it?” Mr. Kim came out of the hut where he had been putting carpets for the boys not to sit on the dirt.

“But it's not like on the picture!” Sehun whined.

“It is!” his uncle answered him.

“No!”

“Not!” Jongin answered, imitating his cousin.

“Don't you want to play in it?” their grand-father asked them and to answer, they both shook their heads.

“Dad!” Jongin went back into the house and found his dad in the kitchen, cooking with his grand-mother and his uncle Yifan, “help.”

“For what?”

“The hut is ugly.”

“What do you mean?” Minseok frowned and looked at the garden through the window, “it's pretty.”

“No it's not. Help uncle Jongdae.”

“Just go,” Mrs. Kim laughed, “your father and brother probably made something ugly.”

 

Outside, Minseok joined his father and brother and also his nephew who was sitting on the ground, playing with the grass.

 

“Minseok,” his father told him, “tell the boys that this is very good. It's one of the best I've made so far.”

“Same,” Jongdae answered.

“It's not that bad,” he simply shrugged.

“You know,” Mr. Kim started moving inside the hut, “when I was in the army, I was always the one who was doing huts like this for the others because I was-”

 

He went out but unfortunately, the whole thing collapsed on the ground.

 

“What were you saying already?!” Jongdae sighed and cursed under his breath.

“No grand-pa!” Sehun sighed too, completely defeated, “it's all ruined now!”

 

The boy went back inside the house and started cooking with his grand-mother, complaining about his grand-pa and his uncle being bad and mean for ruining his and Jongin's hut.

 

“And cooking is funnier anyway,” he ended saying which made his grand-mother proud.