XVII. Love.

Always in my mind

Sehun had spent his day at school, drawing and learning how to count to ten, and once the end of the day arrived, he waited into the classroom for his father to pick him up. He saw his friends leaving with both of their parents, some of them with their childminders. But there was no sign of his daddy. He didn't panic and stayed with teacher Baekhyun. They played with cards, they did a puzzle together and then Sehun had the right to play with the bikes in the playground. During this time, Baekhyun obviously tried to reach for Yifan but he didn't answer. He called for Jongdae but it turned out that today was one of those few days he wasn't in town. Completely defeated, he took Sehun with him and they went to his home where Chanyeol already was, taking care of Kyungsoo.

 

Hi little Sehun!” Chanyeol ruffled the boy's hair, “how are you today?”

I'm fine but my daddy forgot me.”

How does it come?”

Yifan doesn't answer his phone,” Baekhyun explained, “and Jongdae is out of town.”

Well, it doesn't matter! We'll take care of you, don't worry little one!”

 

Sehun smiled, certainly reassured and left his shoes in the hall and his jacket on the sofa with his backpack. He climbed on the chair next to his friend and looked at his copybook.

 

Don't you have homework, Sehun?” Chanyeol asked him and the boy shook his head, “don't you want to try to write too? Do you know how to write your name?”

No I don't...” Sehun sighed loudly.

 

Kyungsoo gave him a of paper and one of his pen. Chanyeol went by his side and first taught him how to correctly hold a pen in his little baby hand. After, the father first write Sehun's name as an example and asked secondly at the young boy to try to write it again. It was hard and really messy, but in the end, it was easy to understand what he had written.

 

I want to write daddy's name too!”

 

Chanyeol who was in fact expected such a request did as he had done before, writing an example and asking Sehun than to try to write it. They also wrote Jaemin's name, Jongdae's, Minseok's and Jongin's.

 

He is left-handed,” Baekhyun remarked, “just like his mother.”

But it's not something genetic, you know that?”

Obviously I know,” Baekhyun laughed, “it's just that I find it funny.”

 

They spent another long hour together, Sehun enjoying his uncles' and friend's presence and he even loved it more when he had the right to cook with teacher Baekhyun.

 

Do you cook with your father?” Baekhyun asked as he watched after the boy mixing some vegetables together.

No, he doesn't like when I'm in the kitchen.”

And with your mom?”

Mom isn't at home, so we can't.”

Oh... yes, indeed,” Baekhyun answered nervously, watching the little boy's expression becoming darker as usual when he was speaking about his mother.

 

They stayed silent for a while, Baekhyun a bit embarrassed and oddly, Sehun was the one talking again.

 

Teacher Baekhyun, how did you meet my mother?”

What do you mean?” the adult asked, suddenly caught off guard.

I know you are mom's friend, how did you meet her?”

We were in the same high school and we simply became friends.”

High school? What is that?” Sehun frowned.

The school you'll go when you'll be a bit older.”

But when I am older, will mom be back or not?”

Yes she will.”

 

Baekhyun looked at the boy and cupped his sweet face into his head, kissing his forehead next.

 

Your mom won't always be gone. One day, she will stop and she will only stay with you and your dad.”

Really? So why doesn't she stay with us now?”

Because she loves her job and because she needs to do it.”

But later she won't love it?”

Absolutely.”

 

The doorbell echoed into the whole flat and Chanyeol opened the door.

 

I'm sorry, I had an emergency at the hospital and-”

Daddy!” Sehun shouted, jumped out of the chair he was on and ran toward his dad, crashing hard into him, “Teacher Baekhyun told me, I know mom loves me and she won't abandon me. I was scared, but it's fine now.”

 

Yifan frowned and looked at Baekhyun who was only smiling. “What did you say?” the Chinese man mouthed, “Who knows?” Baekhyun mouthed back and chuckled.