XXXIV. Sad.

Always in my mind

“And the next time, you're the one coming to China right?” Tao asked his uncle, “I really don't like taking the plane.”

“Don't worry,” Yifan ruffled his hair, “we'll be coming with Sehun and Jaemin.”

 

The boy smiled and Yifan kissed his cheek one last time before he greeted his sister. They quickly shared a warm embrace and then she kissed his cheek. He laughed and pushed her away.

 

“Hey... don't do this...” he chuckled.

“You're still my baby brother,” she gently punched his shoulder, “I can do that if I want.”

“Take care of you and Tao, alright?” she nodded, “make sure to always eat well and ask mom to help you if you can't handle.”

“You know I'm doing very well even if I'm alone.”

“But I can't stop worrying about you.”

“Then just don't, take care of yourself and Sehun. You still have a few months left to spend alone before Jaemin is back, so just hold on, alright?”

“Don't worry, don't worry, I'm old enough now.”

“And I'm even older.”

 

He nodded and watched her go. He took Sehun in his arms and they didn't stop waving until Fei and Tao disappeared behind the gates. Even once they were gone, they remained at the airport a bit since Yifan suddenly felt sad.

 

“Hey, daddy?” Sehun asked him.

“Hum?”

“When mom is back, we'll be going to China to see auntie Fei and Tao right?”

“We will, why?”

“Because I really like them, I wish they could live here with us.”

“So do I, baby.”

 

He kissed his son's forehead and they went back home with heavy hearts.