VI. Night.

Always in my mind

“Baek... are you sure it doesn't bother you to keep Sehun for the night?”

“Absolutely not! It's even a pleasure to do it!” the teacher laughed cutely, “and Kyungsoo loves to play with him, so if it makes my son happy, so am I.”

“Thank you very much, I owe you one.”

“No! Yifan! Don't worry! Just have fun with your friend! You need a break too, you've been taking care of Sehun for three weeks now, you have the right to let go for the night.”

“Thank you very much, Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun smiled and called for Sehun which was already lost in the flat, playing with Kyungsoo which was only one year older but who was his only close friend. The four-year-old boy arrived, kissed his father quickly and disappeared again. Yifan thanked his wife's friend once again and then drove until a famous restaurant in Gangnam where Luhan was waiting for him. It was the thirtieth birthday of the oldest of the two of them and because he was still single and desperate, he invited his closest friend to help him in his quest for love but also for them to spend a good night far away from all the troubles.

 

“You're late,” Luhan said once he sat down.

“Sehun couldn't leave me.”

“Or more like you couldn't leave him,” Luhan chuckled, knowing his friend way too much to know when he was lying, “you need to let this kid live a bit by his own.”

“He is four Han, not eighteen. He still needs his parents to follow him and to show him the right way.”

“Right way,” Luhan raised a brow, “which right way? He is soon going to understand that his mother is part of the army, which means she knows how to handle a gun and she probably kills people.”

“She doesn't.”

“You don't know.”

 

Yifan rolled his eyes and emptied his glass of Soju in one swallow.

 

“So, thirty, now?”

“Finally,” Luhan laughed and scratched the back of his neck, “you'll understand what it feels to be old in a few months.”

“I already feel old anyway.”

“That is because your living habits are the same as an eighty years old grandpa, dude! You've got the same old routine since you married Jaemin and even though you say the hospital always bring you something more, we both now you hate it more and more.”

“That's not it...”

“I know you want to share a lot of your time with your wife to make memories, but face the truth: because of her job, she won't often be next to you. So just enjoy with your son, do whatever you want, whenever you want it before it's too late. Jaemin won't be mad at you.”

“I need her.”

“We all need someone by our side,” Luhan smiled, “by the way, we came here to find me a hot and single girl, so, what are we waiting?”

 

They cheered, ate their meals and then went to a nightclub. Tonight was his best friend's night and Yifan wanted to have fun.