XXXXI. Panda.

Always in my mind

“Daddy!” Sehun left his bedroom and went downstairs where his father was busy cooking, “Daddy I've lost my panda!”

“What do you mean?” Yifan raised a brow but didn't look at his son, too concentrated on his dish.

“I can't find it anymore! And I want it! I want my panda!”

“Did you perhaps forget it at school? I can call Baekhyun and-”

“No I'm sure it's at home, I remember having it! Daddy what is my panda ran away from me because he didn't like me anymore?” the boy said with teary eyes.

“Sehun baby, it's a plushy, it can't run away.”

“I'm sure it can! My panda is magic so I'm sure he left me...”

 

He started sobbing so Yifan had to quickly react so that the boy wouldn't cry too much.

 

“We'll look for it, don't worry,” he kissed his son's forehead.

 

Yifan quickly dried washed his hands and with Sehun tailing him, they searched for the panda into the living room, looking inside the drawers and behind the pieces of furniture where it couldn't even fit. Yifan checked Sehun's backpack, obviously, but when he saw there was no panda in it, he started really wondering where it could be. It wasn't in the kitchen either so they went upstairs. Sehun assured his father his panda wasn't in his bedroom so they looked into Yifan and Jaemin's bedroom where it wasn't. The bathroom was empty and it couldn't be in Yifan's office since Sehun couldn't enter the room. Yifan started panicking because he knew Sehun would cry and whined until his panda was back, so he decided to call Baekhyun to know if he hadn't found Sehun's plushy at school. Except that the teacher answered that there was nothing left at school at all, and he even precised that it was weird but he was happy that his students for once didn't get distracted too much.

 

“Daddy,” Sehun started really crying when Yifan hung up, “where is my panda...?”

 

And because Yifan didn't answer, the boy started making a fuss and threw everything he could find around him to the ground. He cursed, Yifan surprisingly finding out his baby son knew way more insults than he was supposed to know, and the boy started throwing pillows everywhere but mostly at his father. Defeated and desperate, Yifan started looking around the house another while Sehun went back to his bedroom to cry under the cover of his bed, begging for his panda to come back.

 

“I hate you daddy,” he heard Sehun said, “I'm sure my panda ran away because of you... it's because your tall and scary...”

“Scary my ,” the father cursed under his breath and in Chinese for his son not to understand.

 

And ten minutes later, when Yifan was done looking for a stupid plushy, Sehun came out of his bedroom, holding the said panda into his arm while hiding his crying face with.

 

“Shixun... what is that...?” he sighed loudly, pissed and annoyed.

“He was into my school bag...” the boy mumbled, “I'm sorry daddy...”

 

Yifan wanted to scream at him and to tell him he was just blind, that he could have prevented him from messing the whole house, but he just ended up kissing Sehun's forehead, whispering that he was glad that the panda was back. Too weak, definitely too weak.