XXXI. Language.

Always in my mind

“No Tao! Not like this!” Sehun shouted and ran a hand though his hair, just like his father used to do.

 

Tao stopped and looked at his cousin with a very surprised expression.

 

“You're messing with my puzzle! It's not how you're supposed to do it!”

 

Since he was speaking Korean, he knew Tao wasn't understanding, but he didn't know how to say it in Chinese.

 

“Look,” he sighed and sat next to his cousin, “it's like this.”

 

He took his time and explained Tao everything and even gave him some advice for him to do the puzzles really quickly, “it's teacher Baekhyun who told me to do this like that”. Fei who was reading in front of them looked at her nephew with a very proud smile: he knew Tao wasn't understand a single word and yet, he kept on explaining him. He was really like his dad and his mom: stubborn.

 

“Auntie,” Sehun whined, “please tell him in your language, it's too hard!”

“No you're doing great, Hunnie,” she laughed, “you're doing very great.”

 

She asked her son something in Chinese and Tao's eyes suddenly widened and he nodded vigorously.

 

“He says he understands everything, don't worry. He likes to play with you.”

“Oh...” Sehun smiled, “he does?”

 

Fei nodded and since the young boy was satisfied enough with the answer, he kept explaining things in Korean.

 

“Mom I don't know what he is saying...” Tao grimaced.

“I know, baby,” Fei laughed, “but just pretend you do.”