XLIX. The End.

Always in my mind

Christmas had never felt so perfect, Jaemin thought as she ended up putting the table on, Sehun closely watching her.

 

Indeed, she had been back for two months now and she had never felt so happy and so excited to celebrate Christmas. She thought it had something to do with the fact that all her family was going to be reunited and at her home along with the Park-Byun couple but also with Fei and Tao and Yixing who had somehow been invited by Yifan's sister and not the man himself, “I'll explain it to you later,” Yifan had told Jaemin with a wink.

 

“Mom?”

“Hum?” Jaemin smiled at her son.

“You're beautiful!”

“Oh!” she cooed and kissed his round nose, “I love you Sehun baby, you're always so nice with your mom!”

 

He laughed and when the bell rang, he rushed toward the front door to open. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim entered first, showering their grand-son with kisses before their daughter jumped on them, finally seeing them after nearly a year. Mr. Kim the cold man even ended up crying a bit as she was saying how much she had missed them and Mrs. Kim told her daughter to stop crying since it would also made her cry and she didn't want to ruin her make-up. Behind their parents, Minseok along with his pretty family entered next, Sehun and Jongin hugging each other as if they had been seperated for an eternity. Yet, when Jongin saw his cherished aunt, he couldn't help but hugging her.

 

“My Jonginie!” Jaemin cooed, “you've grown so much! Look at how handsome you are! Beauty must be something we shared between us,” she laughed and kissed him one last time.

“My son shared my genes, “Minseok ruffled her hair, “no... actually, my sons share my genes,” he grinned like an idiot.

 

Behind him, Jinah was holding their two-months-old cute baby, Taeho. The boy looked exactly like his older brother at the same age and Jaemin couldn't help falling in love with him when she saw him. After all, it was the first time they were meeting.

 

“Do you want to hold him?” Jinah asked her sister-in-law.

 

Jaemin excitedly nodded and carefully took Taeho into her arms, rocking him sightly as he started stirring and whining.

 

“Hello baby Taeho,” she giggled, “I'm auntie Jaemin! You don't me but I'm sure your dad told you a lot about me, and if he didn't, well... he should pay attention to his .”

“Jae,” Minseok frowned.

“Kidding, oppa, I'm kidding. Anyway, welcome into the family, let's get along well, Taeho,” she smiled and kissed his tiny forehead before she gave him back to his mother before he started crying for real.

“And me?” a loud angry voice echoed behind her, “you've already forgotten about me?”

 

Jaemin sighed and glared at her younger annoying brother.

 

“Jongdae, you've been living here for two weeks now, we see each other every seconds of every days!”

“It doesn't mean you don't have to greet me as a guest!”

 

She flicked his forehead and ignored his whining to properly welcome Fei and Tao, and obviously Yixing too even though she had seen him quite a lot at the military base during the past two months (indeed, he had been chosen as a doctor to do all the medical exams and check-ups the soldiers coming from mission had to do and Jae had the good to surprise he was the one taking care of her case).

 

“I'm glad to see you back,” Fei said in Chinese, “it's been a real torture to have Yifan over the phone while you were away: he couldn't stop complaining.”

“I'm glad you could came here today,” Jaemin politely answered in a perfect Chinese, “I'm really happy our families can be gathered like this today, it feels... special.”

“Hey, auntie,” Tao asked her, “did you buy me a present while you were away?”

“Tao,” Fei said, “don't ask that! It's rude!”

“Who knows?” Jaemin winked at him and kissed his chubby cheek, “you'll see.”

 

He understood, smiled and they high-five before Tao left with Sehun and Jongin. Later, Chanyeol, Baekhyun but also and obviously their two children arrived. Ever since Jaemin was back, they had spent a lot of times together but for this night, their gathering felt special and seeing her best friend with his family today made Jaemin felt so happy and proud.

 

Once they were all sat around the big table and that they were all busy talking between each other, Jaemin couldn't help smiling.

 

“Is there something going on?” Yifan asked her.

“I'm happy,” she said, “I'm... yeah, I'm simply happy.”

 

He kissed her cheek and gently patted her shoulder.

 

“Hey, baby, don't make your mom too emotional, right? Not tonight please.”

 

Jaemin laughed and let a few tears run down her cheeks. This was happiness.

 


done! Voilà ! This story is over ! After months and months, It has finally come to an end !

Thank you to all of you who subscribed, upvoted and left comments !

Thank you very much !

thx

xx

Mae