XXXXV. A week.

Always in my mind

“One week left,” Oh Heejun kept repeating while doing push-ups, Jaemin checking on him closely, “we only have one week left here.”

“Shut up already and keep working,” she mumbled.

“I swear it has been the longest months of my life... I'm not sure if I want to leave for a mission anymore...”

“Well, if you're part of the army, if we tell you to leave you leave. You can't just chose.”

“Then why didn't you go on your first mission?” he stopped.

“Who told you that?” she frowned and asked.

“Captain Kim.”

“Hey... this guy,” she cursed, enjoying the fact that he wasn't around to gently insult him.

“So, why didn't you leave?”

“I was pregnant,” she admitted.

 

Heejun opened his mouth to answer but didn't say anything. He shrugged and kept on working out.

 

“Hey, noona,” a few minutes later he stopped once again.

“What?”

“What are you going to do once you'll be back in Korea?”

“Well, I'm going to rest and to spend some times with my family... after all, we have seven months to catch up.”

“Hey... noona?” she raised a brow and waited for him to ask his question, “don't you feel a lit bit weird when you come back? Don't you feel like a stranger in your house or with your family?”

“No... not really... it obviously feels weird at first, because I have to relax and to change all my habits I've got from the army. Since here I'm always surrounded by men, when I'm at home, I know I tend to be a bit rude and harsh at first, so I must pay attention to that. But my husband is always behind me to help me readapt myself. You need someone like this, too, Heejun,” she told him, her voice filled with sincierety, “you need to have someone you can trust by your side whenever you come back from a mission: you need someone to remind you that you're back to real life and that you're not in the army anymore.”

 

Heejun froze and seemed to think about her words for a while. He simply ended up nodding and kept doing push-ups.

 

“One week left, one week left...” he panted.